Plans for Valor Eastern Ports in August

We are going on the August 27 Valor to St Maarten, St Kitts, San Juan and Grand Turk. It will be hubby, and our 14 and 16 year old children.

We have never been to St Maarten or St Kitts before. I know I can post on the individual ports of call boards but I do find I get good advice on the Carnival board. I was thinking of doing the Bernard tour with Orient Beach in St Maarten but then was a little stuck on St. Kitts. Thinking either another bus tour, a jeep tour with some beach time or an ATV tour (as some places will allow 2 to a vehicle and we are all fairly light (110-140lb). Though we do have access to ATVs here so it is not a new thing. Or we could just do our own thing.

We have been to San Juan before - visited Castillo San Felipe del Morro and walked around the town, and visited the Bombonera for mallorcas. We may do San Cristobal this time or is there another suggestion - we have a 7am-2pm port time, so cannot do a lot.

We have been to Grand Turk twice and just hung at pool and beach both times. Is there anything we should try to do or just enjoy the pool/beach again.

Thanks

Last year we had stops in both St. Maarten and St. Kitts. We used Benards also, but did not go to Orient Beach. (remember, Orient is clothing optional). We did have a stop at Maho Beach and we wish we would of just went there. The airplanes coming in so low was awesome. We were only there about an hour but it was fun. We will go back there if we ever cruise to St Maarten again. In St Kitts, we booked with Royston. Awesome tour. We had him personally in his open air van. We went all over the island. We left about 0830 and was back about 4pm. It was only 45 a piece. We would book him again also. This cruise we are going on in June also goes to GT, and like you we have been there 2 other times. So, this time we have a golf cart rented for the day and are going to explore the island. Hope this helps.

I haven't been able to get a reply from Royston, or Bernard for that matter. I did hear back about the jeep tour but you have to book through Carnival which is quite a bit higher than website price.

I would just keep trying. A little secret, we are going to Aruba in june thru carnival. I booked an excursion thru them because the one I wanted to go with said I had to book thru the ship. I just looked the other day and the price of the excursion was cheaper by the the company than Carnival. Carnival has the deal if you find an excursion that is almost the same, they give you the money back. Long story short, it was originally $213 for 2, now $188. That is about 25 OBC. So I would book thru Carnival, then send them the form and hope to get OBC.

• 2 weeks later...