Civitavecchia Luggage Storage

Dave1953

We would like to store some Luggage for 2 weeks prior to our May cruise.

We had heard that you could store luggage at the Civitavecchia Cruise terminal but we can't seem to find anything specific about this. Does anyone have any first hand experience storing luggage at the cruise terminal?

This is from the website

"The ferry terminal offers an impressive selection of passenger amenities which include ATMs, information bureaux, waiting rooms, left luggage facilities and cafeterias." Unfortunately it doesn't tell you anything about it.

This is the website: http://www.civitavecchia.ports-guides.com/

This is the email for the port, maybe try emailing them and see if you get an answer.

civitavecchia@portidiroma.it

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

I'm new to this posting.

There will be four of us traveling through Italy for two weeks prior to getting onto our ship in May. We would like to store our luggage for the ship at the port and pick it up when we get onto our ship

Did anyone ever find out if that can be done?

• 1 year later...

We did a transatlantic in May 2014 ending in Civitavecchia. We then spent 16 days in Italy using a combination of rental car & trains. During the 16 days on land we wanted to travel light and store 1 large piece of our cruise luggage.

We used a company called Bon Bags (aka Bags Free). They picked up our luggage and another piece from a second couple traveling with us at the port, just outside of the security gate. They then delivered it to us at the Rome airport (FCO) 16 days later. Both couples got their luggage as promised. It cost about 70 euros for our 1 piece. It was a great service that I will definitely use again. The driver who picked up our luggage even took me to Hertz to get my car & then led me back to the port to get the rest of my party. Really outstanding service.

You can find some reviews on Trip Advisor. My review is http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187791-i22-k7337260-Bon_Bags_review-Rome_Lazio.html#60043354

Their web site: http://www.bags-free.com/en/

We used a company called Bon Bags (aka Bags Free). They picked up our luggage and another piece from a second couple traveling with us at the port, just outside of the security gate. They then delivered it to us at the Rome airport (FCO) 16 days later. Both couples got their luggage as promised. It cost about 70 euros for our 1 piece. It was a great service that I will definitely use again. The driver who picked up our luggage even took me to Hertz to get my car & then led me back to the port to get the rest of my party. Really outstanding service.
This is good to hear; I hope we can collect more positive reports about this service, as it's a question that comes up every so often.

• 5 months later...

A baggage storage facility appears to have opened at Civitavecchia. http:/www.cilpcv.it/bagagli.php

They state it was open for business from January 2014 and that they are located within the port. Has anyone used them as we are thinking of doing so in May?