Catamaran tour with beach time

Donald & Daisy Duck

We are cruising in two weeks and are looking to do a catamaran tour to the pitons and to have a little beach time....any recommendations for tours?

Mystic Man tours offers a catamaran eco tour aboard the "Serependity". This excursion sails from Castries down towards Anse Chastanet and Soufriere. Although you will be close to the Pitons, it does not go right up to the Pitons. It looks like this tour stops for swimming and snorkelling at Anse Chastanet. Although Anse Chastanet is close to the Pitons, you will not see them from there.

http://www.mysticmantours.com/eco-adventure/

Another operator that offers travel by sea that includes beach time and does go up to the Pitons is Spencer Ambrose Tours. Spencer Ambrose Tours does not have a catamaran though, but instead offers tours to Jalousie Beach and the Pitons by private speedboat. Jalousie Beach is located between the Gros and Petit Pitons so a visit here would take you up close to the Pitons.

Spencer offers two different tours by speedboat that would take you up to the Pitons and include beach time. His Jalousie Beach Break includes a boat tour and travel along the coast with beach time between the Pitons.

http://spencerambrose.com/island-tours/jalousie-beach-break/

His Land, Sea & Beach Adventure includes a boat tour, land tour and time at the beach between the Pitons.

http://spencerambrose.com/island-tours/spencers-land-and-sea-adventure1/

Both of these operators include lunch and beverages with the cost of their tour. We have used both of these tour operators (but for different excursions), so I can recommend either one. If you really want to travel by sea and get right up to the Pitons, one of Spencer's tours would be better for that. However if you prefer to travel by catamaran even if that means you would only get a view of the Pitons, than Mystic Man is an option.

Cruise lines usually offer a catamaran tour that takes you down to the Pitons as well. I'm not sure exactly which beach they stop at, but you will not be able to see the Pitons from La Toc, Anse Cochon or Anse Chastanet. If you really want to get close to the Pitons and swim in the waters between the Pitons, a tour that includes a stop at Jalousie would be better for that.

dz63, just one question, Does Spencer get you back to the ship on time? That's the only thing I worry about! :eek: I did see that they pick you up early & that it's just a 4 to 5 hr. tour, but wondered if you had ever had a problem. Thanks for any help. :)

Yes, Spencer got us back to the ship on time. On a 6 hour tour, we made it back to the ship one hour prior to all aboard. You can also check out the reviews on Trip Advisor--there are lots of reviews from cruise passengers and everyone made it back on time.

Yes, Spencer got us back to the ship on time. On a 6 hour tour, we made it back to the ship one hour prior to all aboard. You can also check out the reviews on Trip Advisor--there are lots of reviews from cruise passengers and everyone made it back on time.

Thanks for the info. Will maybe do the tour, sounds like fun. He takes US$$, right?

Thanks for the info. Will maybe do the tour, sounds like fun. He takes US$$, right?

We thoroughly enjoyed our time with Spencer Ambrose Tours. Spencer was one of the best tour guides we ever had...and yes, he takes US dollars.

dz63, sorry one more question about the tours with spencer, I know we don't pay until we show up, so if we have to cancel before the tour, is that OK? :confused:

As with most tour operators, they would like to know of any cancellations before the tour date--this way they are not waiting around and expecting you to still show up.

Thanks again, dz63. Yes, I would send an email to them, if we had to cancel. It says that they leave 1/2 hr. after the ship docks, so I'm assuming we would be back to the ship around 2:00pm, do you know if that's the case? Just want to have some time to shop also.

Edited by IrishLassie

Thanks again, dz63. Yes, I would send an email to them, if we had to cancel. It says that they leave 1/2 hr. after the ship docks, so I'm assuming we would be back to the ship around 2:00pm, do you know if that's the case? Just want to have some time to shop also.

I assume you are considering the Jalousie Beach Break? We did not go on that particular tour, so I cannot say for certain if you would be back at the ship by 2:00. Your best bet would be to email Spencer and ask what time you would be back.

I assume you are considering the Jalousie Beach Break? We did not go on that particular tour, so I cannot say for certain if you would be back at the ship by 2:00. Your best bet would be to email Spencer and ask what time you would be back.

Just booked this tour for the 4 of us. I sent Spencer an email & we get back from the tour at 3:30pm, in case anyone else needed this info. All of the reviews are very positive about this tour company, so I'm sure we'll have a great time. Thanks so much for your help with this, just another example of how helpful everyone is on these CC boards.

Safe travels! :D