Question for tartanexile81

mcca2

Thank you for all the help you give to cruisers to Scotland. You may not be able to answer this question, but a lot of people

on my roll call are asking how late the tenders run at Newhaven. I think we will have to wait to see what they say on the ship.

We are staying overnight on May 25. Do you have any idea how late they will run?

I think they run all night but I know a man who'll have the answer as well as some of the volunteers at Newhaven so I will try and confirm that for you. Watch this space :)

I just knew you were the person to ask :) Thank you so much, I will watch this space. ;p

I have checked with our "leader'" and he confirmed that they operate all night. I know when we've had overnights on our own cruises shuttles buses have run all night and lots of crew as well as passengers have taken advantage of this. I assume you're overnight for the tattoo? Edinburgh will still be 'bouncing' (LOL) at the end of it with lots of shows on the 'Fringe' going on into the early hours and restaurants and bars around the city centre open late

I have checked with our "leader'" and he confirmed that they operate all night. I know when we've had overnights on our own cruises shuttles buses have run all night and lots of crew as well as passengers have taken advantage of this. I assume you're overnight for the tattoo? Edinburgh will still be 'bouncing' (LOL) at the end of it with lots of shows on the 'Fringe' going on into the early hours and restaurants and bars around the city centre open late

Thank you very much for the information, I think some of our cruisers plan to be out late. Unfortunately I don't think the Tattoo is on, in May, but there will be plenty to do "on the fringe." I just hope the weather lets us tender, reading your posts you say only once that you know of they were not able to because of winds.

Once again thanks. Its great to have local knowledge. :)

Thank you very much for the information, I think some of our cruisers plan to be out late. Unfortunately I don't think the Tattoo is on, in May, but there will be plenty to do "on the fringe." I just hope the weather lets us tender, reading your posts you say only once that you know of they were not able to because of winds.

Hate to disappoint you, but the 'Fringe' and Tattoo is on in August, not May.

That said, Edinburgh is a fantastic city with loads to see and enjoy at anytime.

The Fringe is the Alternative Edinburgh Festival and it has become a rite of passage for many students from all over the world to perform there. The Festival, Fringe and Literary festival and Tattoo all take place in August but I'm sure with a bit of research your friends will find something to enjoy till whatever time they wish in Edinburgh. There's a multitude of good restaurants and pubs in the city including many not too far from where you dock