Official Port of Galveston parking

CruisinQueen2013

We used them for our cruise in August. No issues Very efficient. We are cruising in a few weeks and are considering staying in Galveston saturday night . Some hotels allow you leave your car at the hotel and they will shuttle you. Still researching the pros/cons......... Input welcome from those that are gone this route.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, there is - that's the parking I'm referring to. There is the "official port of galveston" parking lot and there are others that are owned/operated by private companies. We had booked with the actual port and I just wanted to see what others' experiences were.

The official cruise lot is convenient but so are all of the others. The negative is that it's at sea level so if there is a hurricane and a storm surge your car is probably going to be destroyed. This happened during Ike, lots of cars were lost. It's not something you really need to worry about most of the time but it has happened.

Park-n-cruise is very close and convenient with no shuttles. EZ cruise and Lighthouse are about a block further away and slightly cheaper and have shuttles or with EZ you can also walk and save some money.

I've used all 3 as well as the official parking and really didn't have problems with any of them. My first choice would probably be Lighthouse since they offer covered parking and it's an elevated lot, then if you find a coupon (they accept competitor ones) it's about the cheapest. They do drop you off in the terminal parking lot which is a slightly longer walk than official parking but not really a big deal. If you can flag a porter it's really easy.

Official parking has the closest shuttles to the terminal but they wait until they are full before they leave and the drivers definitely hit you up for a tip and I don't remember if they drop you off at your vehicle or just in the general vicinity.

Park N Cruise is great but you do have to lug baggage across the street or drop it off first, dealing with traffic. For just the wife and I it'd be my first choice. We don't carry a lot and it's nice to be able to to back to the car easily if necessary.

EZ Cruise was also good and definitely the cheapest with a coupon. When I used them it was a little off putting having to check in at one lot and follow a shuttle to a different one several blocks away. Then waiting until the shuttle was full before heading to the terminal. It's been 3 years since I used them though so I'd imagine they've improved the process. It wasn't a big deal but Lighthouse only has two lots, one is covered and the other isn't. It's easy to figure out.

Edited by bptex