Ziplining in Ensenada?

Califor6

Is ziplining (either on your own, or on an excursion/tour), available on the 4night Imagination cruise to Ensenada? If so, what is the age requirement and approximate cost?

We did the zip line tour at Las Cañadas Campground on our trip to Ensenada. We did not book it through the ship, but paid for it when we arrived in Ensenada.

When you arrive at the port, you will have to take a shuttle bus to town ($2.00 each). On the shuttle bus they offer several tours, including the zipline and blow hole tour.

We paid $55 each for the zipline and blow hole tour. It included a bus ride to Las Cañadas Campground (where the zipline is located), one use of the zipline and bridges, a bus ride to the blow hole and shopping, then a bus ride back to the ship. When they tell you the tacos at the little stand at the blow hole are good, they are not kidding, don't wait until you are ready to leave to try them as they get busy at departure time.

The zipline and bridges at Las Cañadas were excellent, we had a blast and the tour operators were very friendly, stopping for drinks along he way.

According to the rules posted at Las Cañadas "To take the Canopy Tour does not depend on the person’s age but on the person’s height. A person needs to be at least 48 inches tall to be able to take the Canopy Tour."

Hope you have a great time, we did!!!!!

thanks, awesome detailed info....although I still worry about getting back to the ship in time for departure, when out on a non-ship excursion

how long is the whole excursion - ziplining & blow hole - and what is the 'blow hole'?

what is the attire for ziplining? my hubby and young adult kids are interested, but I'll just be a spectator, so will I have to pay even if I'm not going on it. :)

thanks, awesome detailed info....although I still worry about getting back to the ship in time for departure, when out on a non-ship excursion

how long is the whole excursion - ziplining & blow hole - and what is the 'blow hole'?

what is the attire for ziplining? my hubby and young adult kids are interested, but I'll just be a spectator, so will I have to pay even if I'm not going on it. :)

You are welcome..

Here are some thoughts in response to your questions.

We did spend the whole day until just before the ship departed. I, like you was concerned about getting back in time. Since Carnival doesn't offer the zipline as a tour (unless they have added it since we went) you do have to do it on your own.

Since you do not want to participate in the zipline, going on the tour might not be for your group. There is another option, but it involves a couple of added steps.

Your group can take the shuttle in to downtown, then go to the main taxi area. As a group (up to 4 people in a regular four door taxi) you can get a taxi out to the zipline resort for $50. The cab will bring you there, wait for you, and then bring you all back to downtown. Just make sure you get a solid price before you enter a taxi.

Once at Las Cañadas, the three that are going on the zipline can do that, and you can pay just the admission fee and wander around the park, or not pay anything, and wait at the entrance.

Here is a link to the Las Cañadas web site:

http://www.lascanadas.com/en/home.html.

The web site is quite extensive, but you may find it "busy," it has everything you might want to know about the place

All prices are in pesos, so a good rule of thumb to get american dollar cost is divide the price by 10.

As for the blow hole, here is a link to TripAdvisors La Bufadora page:

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Attraction_Review-g150770-d153903-Reviews-La_Bufadora-Ensenada_Baja_California.html

The blow hole is interesting, but unless you want to walk the 1/4 mile gauntlet of very pushy trinket vendors, don't bother. The only reason I would go back there would be for the fresh tacos at the parking area.

Have a great trip!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.lascanadas.com/en/Canopy-Tour-Zipline-in-Ensenada-Baja-California.php

Get off the ship early enough and you won't need to worry about getting back on time. The tour guides do this ALL the time...there are at least 4 Carnival stops a week (2 Inspiration/2 Imagination), Princess hits there once or twice...who knows who else? The point is, you can trust the tour - just don't wait until after noon to test their reliability!! :D