Tell Me About Disney Dream!

StaceySteveDMB

We are seasoned cruisers but just booked our first Disney cruise on the Dream. This cruise will consist of my wife and two kids 13 and 11, as well as, my mother in law, brother in law, his wife, two kids 8 & 6, and his mother in law. What should we know about Disney Dream? Any extra pay restuarants on the ship that are not to miss? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Dream is amazing! It is the largest ship I think, but beautiful and not too hard to navigate. We have done both Palo and Remy brunch and both were 100% fabulous and worth it IMO! If you do Remy at least one of you should get the champagne pairing it was so good. Rey is $50/pp and Palo $25/PP plus tip. You put the kids in the club and go enjoy you time!

Also the beverage seminars are wonderful. We have done champagne, mixology, wine, mojito, etc They range from $15-$30/pp but are a lot of fun and a good value. I highly recommend these.

The Rainforest pass is a must must must do! Its $16/day/pp or you can buy a week pass and it is like $144/couple? You get to use private hot tub, heated chairs, saunas, and diff showers that have scents and stuff it is amazing!

Check in as early as possible and get to the terminal as early as possibly. You will have more time on the ship to explore and enjoy the pool when there are less people.

Do the Detective Agency game with your kids its so much fun and all over the ship.

There is so much more.. as I think of thinks I will post :). Enjoy!

The Dream is amazing! It is the largest ship I think, but beautiful and not too hard to navigate. We have done both Palo and Remy brunch and both were 100% fabulous and worth it IMO! If you do Remy at least one of you should get the champagne pairing it was so good. Rey is $50/pp and Palo $25/PP plus tip. You put the kids in the club and go enjoy you time!

Also the beverage seminars are wonderful. We have done champagne, mixology, wine, mojito, etc They range from $15-$30/pp but are a lot of fun and a good value. I highly recommend these.

The Rainforest pass is a must must must do! Its $16/day/pp or you can buy a week pass and it is like $144/couple? You get to use private hot tub, heated chairs, saunas, and diff showers that have scents and stuff it is amazing!

Check in as early as possible and get to the terminal as early as possibly. You will have more time on the ship to explore and enjoy the pool when there are less people.

Do the Detective Agency game with your kids its so much fun and all over the ship.

There is so much more.. as I think of thinks I will post :). Enjoy!

Actually, the Dream and the Fantasy are the same size. But they are the larger ships in the Disney fleet.

And a little clarification: Palo is $25 per person for both brunch and dinner. Remy is $50 pp for brunch and $75 pp for dinner. Wine pairings additional.

Note: Remy and Palo are over 18 only and have strict dress codes. Try the Palo brunch.

I also suggest trying late dining. We've done both early and late, and let me tell you, early dining was chaos! Our servers were excellent, but the dining rooms were terribly noisy. I think early dining gets more young children. Just get your kids a snack around 5:00 before you see a show or order the cheese tray from room service. You can also have them eat with you in the MDR and send them off to the clubs if they want to go.

Also of note, one of the MDR serves a buffet at breakfast and lunch just like Cabanas but with a fraction of the people.

Yes, Palo brunch and dinner both increased to $25 more than a year ago. 4 kids and 6 (?) adults. My suggestion would be to ditch the whole gang and do an "adult only" dinner with your spouse. Alternatively, skip the adult dining on the first cruise. Experience all the MDRs have to offer at no extra fee and save the upcharge stuff for the next cruise.

Of course, doing an adult brunch doesn't affect your dinner situation. That might be an acceptable alternative on your first DCL cruise.

The Dream is a beautiful ship. Have sailed on it twice before and scheduled again in April. The main negative to this ship is the size of the pool deck. The pools are small for the amount of guests that the ship carries. That said, the AquaDuck is a cool ride, but lines can be long while at sea. Kids clubs are really neat, staff is very friendly, and staterooms are great. We've done first seating dining both times and never felt hurried. Our wait staff on the first cruise was excellent but on the second they left a little to be desired. Cabanas is a winner, and I think I am most anxiously awaiting my first visit to Flo's V8 Café! I love that place!