Roll Call : Atlantis Freedom 1/25/2009

awcruiser

Hi,

Just so everyone knows Atlantis Events has finally opened up booking for EVERYONE for their Freedom cruise on their website.

My partner and I just booked cabin 6286. They are about 50% sold out already.

They are on RCCL's Freedom on the Seas and their itinerary is:

25 Jan Sail from Miami

26 Jan At sea

27 Jan Labadee

28 Jan San Juan, Puerto Rico

29 Jan Philipsburg, St. Maarten

30 Jan At sea

1 Feb Return to Miami

Anyway, would love to hear from anyone else that will be cuising with us.

Thanks,

Allan & Graham

Hey again, Allan! I'm going on this cruise. My partner isn't, so I found a cool roomie to share a promenade stateroom. We're also on Deck 6 (near the aft elevators) so expect a visit! Since we won't have a balcony, I'll be coming by to enjoy your view :p

I noticed Atlantis changed up the itinerary sequence. Makes no difference to me, as I'm cruising for the ship, not the ports. However, you did miss something in your list -- January has 31 days, and it's a sea day. I am glad they reorganized the itinerary for two sea days in a row.

Less than 9 months to go!

Thanks. I thought it seemed short. I would edit my post to include the new found day, but I cannot figure out how to edit it.

I also thought the itinerary didn't seem the same as what I remembered I saw a couple of months back. But like you said we are also not going for the stops, but for the guys and the ship amenities. We never found that stops on other cruises that exciting.

Allan

• 1 month later...

I'm so glad that in 2006 two guys at my gym pointed to the Today show and were smiling about something. It was Freedom of the Seas arriving in New York. That turned into my first gay cruise. Can't wait to return to Freedom in 2009! It will be Atlantis cruise #6 for me but each one feels like the 1st, only I remember more! See you onboard.

Atlantis Virgins:

You'll have a great time. I was in Liberty in January, it was one of the best times I've ever head. My best friend and I are going on Freedom in 2009. See you there!

Steve

As far as hearing the parties, I never did. My cabin was forward, port side on 8. I think the pool deck is 11 on Freedom. Maybe my cabin was too far away, or maybe I did not return to my cabin until the party had died down.

Most of the parties start on the deck and then move to another location, such as Studio B or the Crypt. I think the White party lasted the longest upstairs, but I cannot remember how much longer. :)

Wanda Sykes made fun of the dance beat, said she could hear it all over the ship. I think it was just part of her act and her surprise that there were so many parties.

I'm getting very excited to return. I wish it were already here.

• 4 weeks later...

HI All

My partner and I are booked on the Freedom Cruise in Jan 2009. This will only be our 2nd cruise but will be our first gay cruise. We are booked in a Balcony room on deck 6, one of the "hump" rooms by the aft elevators. Check out the deck plan to see what I mean. We're really looking forward to this trip but also wonder if it just going to be "gay overload". Can anyone enlighten me?

thanks.....John

I forgot all about this thread. My roomie flaked out on me, so I cancelled this cruise and booked the RSVP Eurodam in February 2009 instead. In either case, Atlantis gets my money ;)

Live2Dive... "overload" is very subjective. We worried we would feel the same way, but we're looking forward to our 4th Atlantis cruise in October, if that's any indication of how we feel (and we have two more gay cruises booked in 2009!)

I suspect if there's any "overload," it will be the sheer size of the ship. Freedom of the Seas is twice the size of Norwegian Spirit (154,000 gross tons vs 77,000) and holds almost twice the number of passengers (3,700 pax vs 1,996). Of course, that also means twice the fun. It's an incredible ship. We had a great time.

Everyone leaves their attitudes and worries at the embarkation pier. It'll be an incredible week of new friendships, good times, and good experiences. Do your excursions, attend the tea-dances, have dinner early, watch the shows, and do the theme parties. I love the lasers! Bring costumes if you like to participate, apply a lot of sunscreen, and take lots of pictures!

Can you tell I'm ready for my Mexico cruise... :p

• 4 weeks later...

I will also be sailing on the Atlantis Freedom trip! I'm in room 1304, hoping the view will be great from Deck 10! I'm a little worried about the noise (I'm directly below the pool deck :confused: ) Looks like its gonna be a blast!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone. Was just getting excited about my upcoming trip and about the cruise and wanted to see if the discussion has progressed much. I guess at only 19 posts, not really.

Anyone know if Atlantis announces the entertainment in advance. Parties, etc?

My partner and I are also going on the Club Atlantis Vallarta all inclusive in Mexico first week of November. We are wondering if there is a discussion for this kind of vacation and when Atlantis announces its parties and entertainment.

Anyway, RSVP discussions seem to be huge and nothing here. Come on guys where are all of you. The largest ship in the world and only 19 posts.

Allan

Hi Allan,

The Atlantis events website provides a discussion board for all of their events. Also, atlantis411.net has some.

I'm very excited for this cruise. I absolutely had a blast on Liberty. We had a group of 13 on that cruise, this time a much smaller group plus some guys we met last year.

Usually the headliner is a surprise, though they give out clues ahead of time. I predict the party themes will be similar to last year's (Tribal, Under the Sea, Dog Tag, Disco, 80's, White Party, Beach Ball.)

I will also be sailing on the Atlantis Freedom trip! I'm in room 1304, hoping the view will be great from Deck 10! I'm a little worried about the noise (I'm directly below the pool deck :confused: ) Looks like its gonna be a blast!

BTW - I'm always looking forward to meeting new people. Hit me up at myspace.com/bluecrabby and let me know if were going to be sailing together!

Hi Allan,

The Atlantis events website provides a discussion board for all of their events. Also, atlantis411.net has some.

I'm very excited for this cruise. I absolutely had a blast on Liberty. We had a group of 13 on that cruise, this time a much smaller group plus some guys we met last year.

Usually the headliner is a surprise, though they give out clues ahead of time. I predict the party themes will be similar to last year's (Tribal, Under the Sea, Dog Tag, Disco, 80's, White Party, Beach Ball.)

Thanks for the info. It seems that since I am not an Alumni YET, I cannot participate in the Atlantis events website forum. That is a stupid rule, they should at least let me participate since I already paid. Do you know of anyway to get into the forum?

Allan

• 2 weeks later...

Archived