Caribbean excursions

grammy c

Doing b2b early jan and am not overly excited with excursions! Am I not going to soggy dollar and I'm right there? Who has done the yachtsmen and classic Carib.lately? Any help on what is offered from the ship, OR, off the aft platform? Getting nervous here, cause I know what's there, but not seeing it offered. Please Enlighten me, thanks, Diane

We are on the Classic Caribbean departing St Martin 30 January 2016 and haven't figured out the excursions either. On our Windstar cruise to the Panama Canal last year we booked some through the ship and some on our own. I would be interested in anyone's recommendations as well.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We too will be on the Windsurf departing St. Martin on Jan. 30th 2016.

We have booked with Levi's tours on Dominica and with Annie's Tours on St. Kitts.

The rest of the islands we will figure out once we dock.

If you search the forum for Caribbeans ports of call you will see lots of info on tours.

• 4 weeks later...

We did this trip two years ago, and loved the itinerary. Dominica was spectacular. We booked Levi too, and hiking and snorkeling with him were highlights. We also did St. Kitt's with Cheff (Jeff?), I think, and he was excellent as well.

Doing b2b early jan and am not overly excited with excursions! Am I not going to soggy dollar and I'm right there? Who has done the yachtsmen and classic Carib.lately? Any help on what is offered from the ship, OR, off the aft platform? Getting nervous here, cause I know what's there, but not seeing it offered. Please Enlighten me, thanks, Diane

In regards to Jost and Soggy Dollar. The tender will drop you at a pier near Foxy's and all you have to do is take a cab up and over the hill to Soggy Dollar ($10 per person for up and back).

Sports Platform had a water trampoline, 2 floating pads about 4 x 10, 2 kayaks and 1 paddleboard but the paddleboard was only in use at Prickly Pear beach due to current. Not a lot of toys, but a lot of fun and social time with other passengers.

I will also give a big thumbs up for Levi in Dominica. He is fantastic. If you don't get his van (because of too many people) ask for Gary. He is a hoot. Levi and his guys get you right to the wonderful waterfalls and sights on the island. I will say the ALL DAY hike to the inland waterfall is quite difficult but amazing.

St. Kitts - just beware - if you DON'T like monkeys, be careful walking off the pier into town. Street Vendors are EVERYWHERE with those little critters and they crawl up on your head unless you are keep them away. Some folks think that is fun, my wife was terrified.

St Lucia, if you get a chance to go to Anse Chastenet, it is wonderful. Going to the "sulphur springs" is rather uneventful. The roads in St Lucia are very curvy and steep.

Cheers

Mark