Port Canaveral- Faster to the Fun??

Hello!

My friends and I will be going on the Carnival Victory in August, and I was wondering about other people's experience with regular boarding vs. faster to the fun.

My boyfriend and I went on a cruise two years ago and got faster to the fun and loved it. I mean we got on first (besides platinum and diamond). However, for this cruise, we were just thinking we would wait in the regular lines and save the $50 for something else on the ship.

I really don't remember seeing the "regular" lines and didn't notice how backed up they were, so I'm trying to decide if we should just go for it? I want to be able to enjoy the whole day, rather than waiting in lines...

Thanks guys!

I don't know about Carnival embarkation times, but it sounds like an up charge to me. Especially considering the time difference between when the Suites are first to board RCCL Allure of the Seas with over 6,000 passengers, and when first time cruisers on the Allure board...you are looking at a max 30-40 minute difference. If Carnival is as efficient as RCCL, you are paying an up charge of more than $1.00 per minute. Personally, I would spend the $50 on something if more value than just the convenience of beginning your time onboard a few minutes earlier. But that's just me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello!

My friends and I will be going on the Carnival Victory in August, and I was wondering about other people's experience with regular boarding vs. faster to the fun.

My boyfriend and I went on a cruise two years ago and got faster to the fun and loved it. I mean we got on first (besides platinum and diamond). However, for this cruise, we were just thinking we would wait in the regular lines and save the $50 for something else on the ship.

I really don't remember seeing the "regular" lines and didn't notice how backed up they were, so I'm trying to decide if we should just go for it? I want to be able to enjoy the whole day, rather than waiting in lines...

Thanks guys!

We cruised on the Valor out of Port Canaveral last week. We were in Group 3 of the "regular" cruisers and were on board within 8-10 minutes of the FTTF group. I would only use FTTF for an itinerary that had more than one port where you had to tender. Otherwise there does not seem to be much of an advantage that I can see.

You might want to go over to the Carnival board. There are always a couple of active threads with information from people that feel passionately about this issue one way or the other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So we haven't done it in the past, but our friends we travel with are a much higher status, so they're always on before us. This last time, in November, they were on for about 2 hours before us, we didn't have the FTTF. It took us at least an hour to get through the line, check-in, etc... Plus, our rooms weren't ready for another hour or two.

Having said all that, we did buy the FTTF for both of our future cruises. One we'll be traveling with the other couple again, so we want to get on with them. The other one, we won't, but we'd like to be on as soon as possible. Plus, then our room is ready. You also get a dedicated line for guest services, which could be handy if you need it. There are also a few other benefits, so read through Carnival's site and see if it's worth it for you.

I posted the other day about getting this finally for our July trip and like someone said, it's like a little extra insurance. If you don't need it, you'll feel like you wasted the money, but if you do, you'll be happy you bought it. So for the $60, it's no big deal to us, we bought it.

We just went ahead and decided to go ahead and buy FTTF!

We'd rather know that we can just get on the boat ASAP rather than find out there was long lines or whatnot. (I have terrible luck) So now we will be on the ship and drink in hand much sooner!

Thanks guys for your advice!

• 4 weeks later...

I bought fttf for my August trip as well... I wanted to be sure I was able to go to my cabin right away so I didn't have to carry stuff around, plus I want to check out my aft balcony!

• 7 months later...