upload remote photo file error message help

QuattroRomeo

I've been trying to upload a test photo into CC manage attachments and when I copy the url and upload, I get the message 'your remote file is too large'. What do I need to do to get it to an acceptable file?

If you scroll down in the attachment window, you will see the list of file types and size limits:

p726351787.jpg

These are very restrictive so it is generally recommenmded that you link rather than attach. If you are loading from a URL, you can probably use the Insert Image button (p590232676.jpg) to link to it instead.

Dave

When I upload photos from my internet site, I right-click on the image, select "copy", go to the open CC window, right-click in the window, and select "paste". Once the image is in the open window, I grab a corner and resize it.

I don't use the insert command on CC except for links to entire web pages or PDF files.

Just an FYI, copy and paste to link is not available in the Chrome browser.

Dave

Ahhhh, so that is why I could never copy and paste. Thanks for that, Dave!! I have been posting photos for years, but could never figure out why I couldn't paste.

Mary

DSCN25061_zps8273831b.jpg.html?sort=3&o=4

I used the insert icon on cc, trying to copy from photobucket and get this little square.

You need to use the address in the copy function on PhotoBucket:

p674219725.jpg

It will look something like this when you paste it (I added the "_" in the "http" so it would display):

htt_p://i1065.photobucket.com/albums/u382/doucetstewart/DSCN25061_zps8273831b.jpg

When you paste that address into the Insert Picture dialog box, you will see this:

DSCN25061_zps8273831b.jpg

Give it a try

Dave

Yay! Thank you very much Dave!

It took a little experimenting, as when I tried to use Copy from the menu settings screen example you posted, COPY command options did not work; but if I just right clicked elsewhere on the image I could then copy the URL. Also couldn't figure it out at all on my android tablet, but pc worked!

-Pam

Edited by QuattroRomeo