Sandy Toes - book it if you can!

4wheeltravel

Before we cruised I searched this site and really found very little information on this excursion. Based on trip advisor reviews, I took a chance and booked it. It was a great way to spend the day. Here are a few thoughts for those who are interested.

Our ship was in port from 8-5. There is nothing open at 8 ... no need to rush off the boat. The sandy toes excursion leaves from the paradise island ferry terminal so you will have to take a cab to this port. Is about a 5 min ride and $4 per person. There are a gazillion cab drivers waiting at the ship to take you there and just as many to bring you back.

The ferry left a few minutes after 10am. It is about a 30 minute ride but the first 10/15 minutes is very interestng gawking at yachts and very large houses.

Once on the island, they gather everyone to explain that snorkling would be at 11am. There is a $10 deposit for snorkle gear but you get it back when you return it. There are many steps to get up on the island ...it did not appear to be handicap accessable at all.

Then we were given a welcome drink and left to chill :) The beach is pretty although a little rocky in spots. They had free beach chairs. Tubes were rented for $5/each with an additional $5 deposit. Drinks were priced reasonably. They had beach volleyball - my kids enjoyed this.

I did not snorkle ....sorry have abnormal fear of sharks :) Husband and nephew said it was good snorkling.

The lunch was tasty - hotdogs and fried fish, rice, salad, etc.

Overall this was a very enjoyable and excellent way to spend the day. It wasn't crowded. I would say there was about 50 people on the boat.

The only irritation was that everyone was told to be back on the boat at 2:45 for a 3:00 departure and of course one couple was late...like 3:10ish. They waited for them because this is an island, they kind of have to get you off it :) We made it back in less time and were back at the cruise port at about 3:50.

If you have the time ...fit it in...it was a great day!

Thanks so much for the review. My husband and 15 yr old DD will be on the Majesty next month for the day and I've been thinking that this would be an excellent beach day with snorkeling for us. Did you book this online and get the $4 discount? I think that is what I'm going to do.:)

• 2 weeks later...