ATV tours in St Kitts

BillyMetz

Looking at the possible ATV tours available while in port at St Kitts. Royal Caribbean offers one and I have found a private tour company that offers one. Anybody done either? What were your thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We (mom, dad, 2 teenage sons) took the ATV tour offered by Celebrity, it was great. The guides, Kevin & Addison were very good lead & sweeper. We rode through an area formerly sugar cane fields around & up to some awesome views. Seemed like good, maintained equipment, very safe.

I did the ATV tour in January 2014 through Welcome Tours. The ATV tour was enjoyable, great scenery and alot better then the one we did in Belize in 2012. The actual ATV was done with Spectrum ATV. Even though I enjoyed the tour, I thought it was long.

Another issue we had was we had book transportation to the beach after with Welcome Tours and were left high and dry. We had to wait approx 45 mins to be picked up from the ATV location and brought back to the pier where Beulah and our van were no where to be found. Luckily we didn't prepay.

If you are interested in doing the ATV tour, I would book directly through Spectrum. They did a great job.

• 3 weeks later...

We booked our tour through Costa and ended up being on a Spectrum tour. Our morning started out rainy so there were some hesitant to go. Once they found out no refund, everyone went. It is a drive to the starting point (just beyond Romney Manor). The shuttle bus does leave because you get at least ninety minutes out on the trails. We had fun but it isn't a quick tour. Even though our four hours was up with the ATV, we were driven all the way over to Carombla resort for our hour of beach time. From start to finish, we were gone over six hours. The Spectrum guys were fantastic and watched out for safety without being too obvious about it.

What did you bring along on the tour? Obviously a beach bag etc..did you just leave it in the van? Did you bring a cooler? ..was there lunch available to purchase at the beach? Did you bring clean clothes to change into after swimming? ...so many questions LOL Any help would be appreciated.

Looking at the possible ATV tours available while in port at St Kitts. Royal Caribbean offers one and I have found a private tour company that offers one. Anybody done either? What were your thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

What did you bring along on the tour? Obviously a beach bag etc..did you just leave it in the van? Did you bring a cooler? ..was there lunch available to purchase at the beach? Did you bring clean clothes to change into after swimming? ...so many questions LOL Any help would be appreciated.

BillyMetz - We did the Royal Caribbean ATV tour in December of 2013. We really enjoyed it and I would recommend. We saw a lot of areas on the ATVs, rode a bit into the rain forest and had a blast. Our guides were wonderful.

Mncruisin - We didn't bring a beach bag because the day started off overcast and drizzly (turned out to be a beautiful day though). I don't think you can leave things on the van, I remember another couple had a backpack on. The small items we brought we put in the ATV "glove compartment". Water and light snacks was provided during the tour at the plantation we visited.

The beach they dropped us off at had not much to offer. Basically empty.