Blake Hotel

choirgal23

Has anyone ever stayed at the Blake hotel? We are sailing out May 5th and got a Priceline name your price deal for the night before. I had never heard of the Blake before the deal came through and the reviews on tripadvisor are 50/50. Just wondering if anyone here on CC has had an experience they would share! Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Welcome-

If you go to the homeport departure forum for the port you are sailing from here on Cruise Critic you will find information on hotels and the like. Carnival Cruise Line doesn't own or operate hotels in the U.S.

I think this belongs in either the New Orleans board or the Gulf Coast Departures board.

The Blake Hotel in New Orleans is an Ascend property in the Choice Hotels family. We stayed there in 2 rooms last December when our sons High School Football Team went to compete (and win) the state championship.

The lobby area was fairly nice, but the rooms were really small and kind of BLAH...that being said, the location at the corner of Poydras and St Charles Avenue is second to none. It is on the streetcar line (you can hear them late into the night). We booked it because it was free on Choice Hotel loyalty points...otherwise I would have pricelined a 4 star in the Convention Center area for around $60-$75.

If its just for one or two nights, it should be fine though. Its New Orleans and there is so much to see so you wont be in the room that much anyway.