Getting from Tampa Port to Fort Lauderdale

gorrylikelorry

We arrive back in to Tampa on a Saturday and need to get over to Fort Lauderdale for Sunday cruise. Any advise.... best way, less hassle etc Both cruises are Royal Caribbean...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

Drive down the western part of the state; and, take 595 from I-75 right into Eller Avenue.

in other words rent a car

it is virtually your only option

driving a car you can do this in a few hours

if you try something like a bus or a train there is no direct route and it could take more than a day

a hire car or limo will cost $$$$$$$

I just rented a car from Lauderdale to Melbourne - one day one way - for $31

We arrive back in to Tampa on a Saturday and need to get over to Fort Lauderdale for Sunday cruise. Any advise.... best way, less hassle etc Both cruises are Royal Caribbean...

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Forums mobile app

Both Spirit Air and Southwest fly direct from Tampa to Fort Lauderdale and it is usually pretty cheap. I think last time I flew it was $29 one way.

Both Spirit Air and Southwest fly direct from Tampa to Fort Lauderdale and it is usually pretty cheap. I think last time I flew it was $29 one way.

Excuse the alliteration, but that is a fair fare. Also, what was the cost to the airport in Tampa, and the cost from the airport in FLL to Port Everglades?

As an addendum to my ealrier post, it appears, depending upon the cost to and from the various airports, that flying may be the best bet. The trip by car would probably be about 4-4 1/2 hours, while the total time by plane and taxi might not be much less, at least the OP would be leaving the driving to someone elase.