Dropping 3rd pax prior to final payment.. then adding back later?

markel201235

What are my chances of dropping a 3rd passenger right before final payment then possibly adding them (if they can ever make up their mind) before sailing? I had two passengers originally in a specific cabin that would accommodate three, added the third a few weeks ago. The cabin wouldn't be an issue. I'm guessing the total number of people on the ship would though.

Thanks, Mark

Edited by markel201235

You have it right. Easy to drop, adding back depends on ship capacity. There may or may not be a deposit penalty depending on the booking conditions when you added the third party. If every one can live with 'maybe, maybe not' then fine. But fare for the third is probably less than the first two, so make sure everyone is in agreement on how the total is to be split.

Edited by cherylandtk

You have it right. Easy to drop, adding back depends on ship capacity. If every one can live with 'maybe, maybe not' then fine. But fare for the third is probably less than the first two, so make sure everyone is in agreement on how the total is to be split.

Thanks Cheryl,

Funny. Everyone is in agreement on how the total is to be split. This cabin is for our three daughters (or possibly two of them), so my wife and I will be paying the bill !! It's the middle child who can't make up her mind. I just have a feeling that real close to the sailing date she is going to say she really wants to go. Which will bring up another issue, airfare !!! Kids, you gotta love them.

Mark

Time for a lesson in natural consequences. If she drops the cruise and then decides at the last minute she really DOES want to go, she gets to pay any extra over the original cost. And if she can't be added back in, too bad so sad. If she can't make up her mind on whether to go or not, she sounds a bit like my middle daughter, who changes her mind more than she changes her clothes (and I had to padlock her closet when she was little). We did have to get hard nosed a few years ago but haven't had the problem since.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is a charge to add a passenger after final payment. It used to be $50 but could now be more. That's in addition to the passenger fare.

As Cheryl says, capacity control could mean that even if there is a bed, you won't be able to add your 3rd daughter to the booking.

If it were me, I'd keep the booking, pay for it and if she decides not to go after all, submit a claim to your cruise insurance. You'd have to have "cancel for any reason" insurance.