Freedom just booked last minute

tvguy72

got a wild offer from the players club. had to take advantage.

Anyway, here are a few questions for you;

1) how good are the burgers at GBJ?

2) is the steakhouse worth the $$$

3) how does the new kids camp ocean compare with the old camp carnival?

4) what does Carnival do for the kids on Holloween onboard?

Thanks

We are on this cruise and many people said they decorate for Halloween and gave costume contests etc. Hubby and I personally didn't think it was worth money at steakhouse when we went in March on miracle. Way more food than we could eat and we were disappointed in the quality of meat. The appetizer was the best thing. Most people on here would say it's worth the money though, depends on what your used to.

Everyone raves about guys burgers so no worries there

Sent from my HTC One using Forums mobile app

1) how good are the burgers at GBJ? Very good. In my eyes, similar to a Five Guys burger (if you like that sort of thing)

2) is the steakhouse worth the $$$ I don't usually eat at specialty restaurants but I have eaten at the Carnival steakhouse and it is excellent, both in regards to food and service. Better, in my opinion, than Royal's Chops.

3) how does the new kids camp ocean compare with the old camp carnival? I don't know. Sorry.

4) what does Carnival do for the kids on Holloween onboard? Don't know.

Thanks

Hope this helps!

We just cruised on the Freedom in June. We got engaged on night #2. It was shortly after she came out of dry dock so we experienced the upgrades.

Guys burgers were ok. No bad at all, and upgraded from the old lido burgers.

The steakhouse was worth EVERY single penny. It was my first cruise ever dinning in the steakhouse and the food was excellent. They give a free bottle of wine on the 1st night:)

Freedom now has Seuss at Sea program which looked like a lot of fun for the kids, but being kidless, we can't speak to those sorts of things.

got a wild offer from the players club. had to take advantage.

Anyway, here are a few questions for you;

1) how good are the burgers at GBJ?

2) is the steakhouse worth the $$$

3) how does the new kids camp ocean compare with the old camp carnival?

4) what does Carnival do for the kids on Holloween onboard?

Thanks

I was on the Freedom twice this year. I can answer a few of your questions.

1. The burgers at Guy's are so good!! There is a great toppings bar. I love the one with the pig patty the best.

2. I had never been to the Steakhouse until my cruise a week ago. It is so worth it. You get a meal that would cost about $100.00 for $35.00. I had the Lobster Bisque, Caeser Salad, Surf & Turf and the biggest piece of cheesecake I have ever seen. It was so good we went twice. I can't wait until Jan. to go on the Glory.

3. My great niece loved the new kids camp.

4. I don't know the answer.

I hope this helps.

• 2 weeks later...

Had less than impressive time on Miracle in June.. The wine special on first nite is 1 bottle per table, not per couple. We had 4 adults and they would only give us 1 bottle.. So we told them we would split up and dine separately to get the extra bottle and finally the mgr gave us the second bottle.. 4 adults pay the same amount as two couples.. so what gives? The tuna appetizer was NOT the sushi grade slices so common at good restaurants, but a chopped up pressed and formed patty that looked right out of a cat food can. You only get one appetizer, unlike the free dining room where you can have 2 or more. Steak had good flavor but was loaded with salt crystals.. First and last nite in main dining rooms are usually excellent meals without the upcharge and restrictions.