How far out do they post upcoming cruises?

It's an odd question, but I'm planning for a rather large event, even though it's still just under 3 years off.

I'll be graduating from pharmacy school come spring 2013(knock on wood), and in the wanting of having as many of my close friends/family be able to come along on the cruise with me, I'd like to be able to setup in information as far in advance as possible. I know I may seem somewhat eccentric here, but give the economic times, I think my parents would be more apt to joining myself and my wife to be on the Oasis or Allure if they had 2 years to plan out and put away for it rather than me springing it on them 6 months out.

It's an odd question, but I'm planning for a rather large event, even though it's still just under 3 years off.

I'll be graduating from pharmacy school come spring 2013(knock on wood), and in the wanting of having as many of my close friends/family be able to come along on the cruise with me, I'd like to be able to setup in information as far in advance as possible. I know I may seem somewhat eccentric here, but give the economic times, I think my parents would be more apt to joining myself and my wife to be on the Oasis or Allure if they had 2 years to plan out and put away for it rather than me springing it on them 6 months out.

A question like yours should include the current comments by RCI President and CEO, Adam Goldstein from his May, 2010 blog post on this topic.

"Except for a few odds and ends, we’re essentially finished with the release of our itineraries through the spring of 2012. This month we begin the annual deployment cycle all over again with internal strategic conversations about the summer of 2012 and the winter of 2012/13. Ultimately those discussions will produce a new set of announcements beginning in eight months.

Sometimes we are so fixated on the calendar for two years from now that we lose track of the dates for the year we’re still in. One difference about the upcoming cycle is we don’t have a new ship coming into service for the first time since 2005 and only the second time since 1994."

full blog post is at

http://www.nationofwhynot.com/blog/?p=1257#more-1257

Archived