Phone and Data Coverage

Sergio11

Hello,

Does anyone know if my AT&T iPhone and Verizon iPad will work in St. Thomas for free? I don't want to incur any charges.

Thanks

It's not free, you will either be charged AT&T/Verizon roaming for text/talk/data or you will have to pay for an International Package which has a one-time monthly charge so you can't prorate it. If you want free, your best bet is to find/ask around for free wifi, which isn't totally free as it comes 'with purchase'.

It's not free, you will either be charged AT&T/Verizon roaming for text/talk/data or you will have to pay for an International Package which has a one-time monthly charge so you can't prorate it. If you want free, your best bet is to find/ask around for free wifi, which isn't totally free as it comes 'with purchase'.

This is not true!!! ATT treats the US Virgin Islands like you were on the mainland USA--no roaming or extra charges. Verizon charges you.

I own homes in Florida and St. John and never have extra charges for local or calls to continental USA.

Virtually everyone who lives here has ATT for this reason!!!

This is not true!!! ATT treats the US Virgin Islands like you were on the mainland USA--no roaming or extra charges. Verizon charges you.

I own homes in Florida and St. John and never have extra charges for local or calls to continental USA.

Virtually everyone who lives here has ATT for this reason!!!

I humbly stand corrected, looks like I'll get to catch up with the modern world at St. Thomas on my AT&T phone! Thanks.

I have used my AT&T phone in St. Thomas with no extra charges - same as using it at home.

can someone please tell me:

I have a AT& T cell phone coverage.

I understand that St. Thomas, and Puerto Rico would be included for phone calls. what about sending texts and pictures?

also would St. Maarten and Labadee also be included in coverage?

thanks!

can someone please tell me:

I have a AT& T cell phone coverage.

I understand that St. Thomas, and Puerto Rico would be included for phone calls. what about sending texts and pictures?

also would St. Maarten and Labadee also be included in coverage?

thanks!

In St. Thomas & Puerto Rico you should be able to use your phone (call, text, pictures) under your plan with no extra charges because they are unincorporated territories of the United States.

St. Maarten & Labadee are foreign countries so roaming fees would apply if you don't have an international plan. When we traveled to St. Maarten, we added an international plan for one month. I can't remember how much it was ... maybe $20 and it allowed some texts and a small amount of data. Hope that helps.

In St. Thomas & Puerto Rico you should be able to use your phone (call, text, pictures) under your plan with no extra charges because they are unincorporated territories of the United States.

St. Maarten & Labadee are foreign countries so roaming fees would apply if you don't have an international plan. When we traveled to St. Maarten, we added an international plan for one month. I can't remember how much it was ... maybe $20 and it allowed some texts and a small amount of data. Hope that helps.

thanks for all the great info....