Boston Hotel Recs

CatieM80

Hi all! Taking a Bermuda cruise out of Boston on NCL in June. Very excited to visit Boston for the first time, but am having a little sticker shock at the hotel prices for those near the Black Falcon port. I am looking for something under $180/night (all taxes and fees included). We will be flying into Logan the day before and after the cruise (7:30AM flight the dat after), so I was hoping for a hotel with airport shuttle service included, but am having little luck in finding one in my price range. I'm not sure if that is necessary or not, but thought it best with such an early flight out. The activities we want to do are near city center. Does anyone have any hotel recommendations? The one I'm leaning toward is the Howard Johnson in Quincy. Looks nicer but it is about 25 min from Logan and Black Falcon, so not the most conveniently located. Also, the Ramada in Dorchester. More centrally located with airport shuttle but looks a little run down, and more expensive. I'd appreciate any advice!

Hi all! Taking a Bermuda cruise out of Boston on NCL in June. Very excited to visit Boston for the first time, but am having a little sticker shock at the hotel prices for those near the Black Falcon port. I am looking for something under $180/night (all taxes and fees included). We will be flying into Logan the day before and after the cruise (7:30AM flight the dat after), so I was hoping for a hotel with airport shuttle service included, but am having little luck in finding one in my price range. I'm not sure if that is necessary or not, but thought it best with such an early flight out. The activities we want to do are near city center. Does anyone have any hotel recommendations? The one I'm leaning toward is the Howard Johnson in Quincy. Looks nicer but it is about 25 min from Logan and Black Falcon, so not the most conveniently located. Also, the Ramada in Dorchester. More centrally located with airport shuttle but looks a little run down, and more expensive. I'd appreciate any advice!

What exact dates do you need hotel rooms for? It's going to be very hard to find something in town for $180. Can you do accessible public transit with your luggage?

My husband works in Quincy and over the winter he had the chance to sample Howard Johnson's, Adams Best Western, Ramada, and Comfort Inn due to snow events. He was happiest with Comfort Inn and least happy with Howard Johnson's. My impression from his descriptions are that these are about 2.5* hotels.

We would be staying the night of 6/1 and again the night of 6/9. Comfort Inn is my top choice, but the price is just too high. Good to know Howard Johnson wasn't great. So I guess Ramada it is. It's coming in at $183, but that seems like a good price for the area. Also includes a shuttle and breakfast.

How many people are you? If you're two people there is a 3* hotel right now on Hotwire in the Seaport district for $128 plus taxes and fees!! This will be a good hotel and much nicer than the Ramada. You can get to this area for free on the Silver Line. Still looking.

Thanks so much! I estimated it would be about a $20-25 taxi to get to Black Falcon from the Ramada or around that area. So that's good to know it will be a little higher. I'm not opposed to public transit. I just don't have any experience with the subway, so I wasn't sure if it would be easy to do with our bags (would have 2 large size, 2 small size bags), and we have a toddler. Also wasn't sure how easy it would be to get right to the Black Falcon passenger drop off point from the T. I figured we would definitely use it to get around for sightseeing though.

Hotel goes up to $185 with 3 people. You could try buying for 2 and just winging it.

I strongly advise doing the deal on Hotwire - just have one of you check in without the entourage.

Silver Line bus is free from the airport - you just hop on at the terminal near baggage claim. If you get off at World Trade on the outside street stop, you can walk to the corner and cross to the Seaport Hotel entrance where you can get a cab to go the few blocks to the hotel. Black Falcon is very close - under $10 cab.

Still looking for 6/1

For 6/9 Hotwire has a 3* hotel for $233 taxes included. Best guess is Aloft. I know this is over your budget, but it's close to Black Falcon and you have the Silver Line option to the airport, so IMO it's worth reallocating some of your budget and considering it.

If you stay in Dorchester/Quincy you have to understand just how inconvenient that could be with a 2 year old. You have to rely on the hotel shuttle to be available to drop you off and more importantly pick you up at the T.

Very cool! Thanks for your detective work! :-) So would Silver Line be available to get us back to the airport at 5:30am? Our flight leaves at 7:30. Or would a cab be the best option?

First Silver Line SL1 on a Sat is at 5:39 from World Trade getting to Terminal A at 5:50. What airline are you flying?

http://www.mbta.com/schedules_and_maps/bus/routes/?route=SL1&direction=O&timing=S&RedisplayTime=Redisplay+Time