Tirana (Durres) Albania

• 9 months later...

I know this is too late for the original poster, but since information on the port of Durres is so difficult to find I decided to post this for future cruisers.

We had a wonderful tour from the port of Durres in September with Elite Travel. The company was very helpful with tour suggestions to various places in the area and we were happy with our choice of Kruja and Durres for our small private tour.

• 6 months later...

We have this port (Durres) on our itinerary next summer and it is a bit disappointing on an otherwise fascinating itinerary that includes Hvar, Split, and Dubrovnik. Albania appears to be a developing nation with not much special going on. The pictures you see on Trip Advisor are downright spooky.

This could be one of those few times where we decide that a ship's (Azamara) tour may very well be the best option. In any case, at this point, Berat looks like it could be interesting. I'd be interested in comments from anyone who had an enjoyable day from this port or even pointers on where not to go.