Has anyone flown Titan Airways from Manchester yet?

Tangoqueen

Hi just wondering if anyone is back from flying Titan Airways from Manchester yet? If so, I wondered whether you noticed anyone getting cabin luggage weighed. It states on VP and Titan site for Cunard and P&O charter flights that max hand luggage is 5kg. With the 20kg of hold luggage and no opportunity to purchase more had hoped to carry some excess in hand luggage but I think my normal handbag probably weighs nearly 5kg. Thank you

I haven't flew from Manchester but just returned last week having flew from Glasgow. We could not praise Titan high enough, the flights left on time, the aircraft was clean with leather seats and lots of leg room. Our baggage was just on the limit however I never heard or saw anyone being charged for being overweight and by the looks of some peoples bags they must have been overweight. The luggage was taken from the aircraft direct to the ship on the way out and coming back it was taken from our cabin and transported to the aircraft and we picked it up in Glasgow.

We flew last month with Titan from manchester They didn't check the luggage. Flight was good. you do have to pay for drinks and sandwiches.

The only downside we had was that we flew back from venice and as they are chartered by cruise line they don't have dedicated check in desks. Our experience (Cunard) was being transferred to airport 4 hrs before flight and having to stand in a queue for 2 hrs to wait for check in to open. Weve experienced this twice now.

We flew last month with Titan from manchester They didn't check the luggage. Flight was good. you do have to pay for drinks and sandwiches.

The only downside we had was that we flew back from venice and as they are chartered by cruise line they don't have dedicated check in desks. Our experience (Cunard) was being transferred to airport 4 hrs before flight and having to stand in a queue for 2 hrs to wait for check in to open. Weve experienced this twice now.

Titan are a very good airline, a lot of their business comes from VIP charters so their planes are suitably equipped with full leather seats and decent legroom. They will certainly be better than Thomson/ Thomas Cook and comparable in standard to British Airways. Titan Airways operate flights for a lot of scheduled/ charter airlines when they have aircraft shortages