Ladies - The dress - best method for getting it onboard?

Hi there!

Getting married on Sunday on the Celebrity Summit (yikes! six days away!) - something i didn't think about - how did you get your dress onboard without it being completely wrinkled? We're getting married in port but I'm not planning on getting dressed until I get to the ship because I don't want the dress to get dirty. Should I rethink this plan?

I did exactly that. I drove in a car to the port not the shuttle like everyone else and laid my dress in its garment bag in the back. When we got there I had so many people to help me carry things. I had one person that was in charge of the dress. We found a place to hang it or lay it over seats when waiting in different areas. Wasn't too bad to do.

I did exactly that. I drove in a car to the port not the shuttle like everyone else and laid my dress in its garment bag in the back. When we got there I had so many people to help me carry things. I had one person that was in charge of the dress. We found a place to hang it or lay it over seats when waiting in different areas. Wasn't too bad to do.

Was there any issue getting it through the scanner?

Was there any issue getting it through the scanner?

None at all. They did fold it over to make the length shorter for that but it lasted all of five seconds so I was not concerned.

We had two wedding gown to contend with, so we bought a folding garment rack from Bed, Bath, and Beyond. We drove to the port, so we didn't have to deal with getting it through an airport either. The rack was high enough to hold both of our gowns and it lays flat and is wide enough to fit through the scanners. We didn't have an issue getting any of our garment bags through the security scanners either. Added bonus--we didn't have to hold it while waiting to board, just rolled the rack right onto the ship.

http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/store/product/commercial-grade-portable-folding-adjustable-garment-rack/1011977235

Edited by Carnival_Brides

• 1 month later...