Difficulty with Tender in Villefranche

hazeleyez3

I have a mild handicap which sometimes interferes with my balance. I have never had a problem with tender ports in the Caribbean; however, Split and Montenegro were nearly impossible.

Both required passengers to put one foot on one of the folding seats and another at the entrance/exit to the ship. It was also about a 3 ft step up to the dock. Not easy for me to do at all. In fact, I fell trying to get off in Spit.

That being said, is it a large step up to the pier in Villefranche? Do you need to step up just to get to the door of the tender boat?

I have a mild handicap which sometimes interferes with my balance. I have never had a problem with tender ports in the Caribbean; however, Split and Montenegro were nearly impossible.

Both required passengers to put one foot on one of the folding seats and another at the entrance/exit to the ship. It was also about a 3 ft step up to the dock. Not easy for me to do at all. In fact, I fell trying to get off in Spit.

That being said, is it a large step up to the pier in Villefranche? Do you need to step up just to get to the door of the tender boat?

I am afraid that much of the answer depends on the type of tender...so it does vary. But we see lots of folks struggling with tenders (getting both on and off) just about everywhere in the world. One just has to be very careful and take advantage of the crew (and perhaps a passenger) to get necessary assistance. And perhaps this is anecdotal, but we have noticed that certain cruise lines such as HAL (who have many seniors among the passengers) do more to help folks such as putting up a small portable step.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner