Help . . . single person on excursion in Roatan?

ladycaveat

I contacted Victor Boddan about an excursion while in Roatan. Unfortanutely, because I'm traveling by myself and after talking to those who are taking the same cruise as I am (leaving out of Miami on Carnival's Valor on April 27th) . . . no one seems to be interested in sharing this shore excursion. I just can't afford (or don't want to pay) $80.00 to go by myself. I don't like to book excruisions via the ship . . . does anyone know of any other tour companies on Roatan that includes others (so you don't have to pay for going alone)?

I just got back from a cruise to Roatan. I went solo and was able to book with Victor Bodden. At first, they had explained that they wouldn't book me because it wasn't worth the money as a solo.

So, Victor suggested that I get onto the rollcall for my ship and see if I could just tag along with someone else's tour. I did but no one responded. In the meantime, Victor contacted me that he had a couple doing a tour to the ziplining and that I could tag along with them. As it turned out, the couple that I hooked up with met another couple on the ship and our group grew to 5.

We all wanted to do the ziplining so we went there first. Then, the other 2 couples wanted to go to the beach so on the way to the beach, we passed the pier and I was dropped off. My total cost was $20 for the round trip and $45 for the ziplining. I think the couples ended up paying more per person since they went to the beach, etc.

I would check the rollcall for your ship and also email Victor back to see if he can hook you up with someone else.

A last option is to just go to his location on the pier and try to walk up to get on a tour.

Good Luck! :p :p

I just got back from a cruise to Roatan. I went solo and was able to book with Victor Bodden. At first, they had explained that they wouldn't book me because it wasn't worth the money as a solo.

So, Victor suggested that I get onto the rollcall for my ship and see if I could just tag along with someone else's tour. I did but no one responded. In the meantime, Victor contacted me that he had a couple doing a tour to the ziplining and that I could tag along with them. As it turned out, the couple that I hooked up with met another couple on the ship and our group grew to 5.

We all wanted to do the ziplining so we went there first. Then, the other 2 couples wanted to go to the beach so on the way to the beach, we passed the pier and I was dropped off. My total cost was $20 for the round trip and $45 for the ziplining. I think the couples ended up paying more per person since they went to the beach, etc.

I would check the rollcall for your ship and also email Victor back to see if he can hook you up with someone else.

A last option is to just go to his location on the pier and try to walk up to get on a tour.

Good Luck! :p :p

Thanks bunches . . . I'm gonna try that! :p

I'm in the same situation. Nobody wants to share and I'm going solo. I'm actually going the week before you (April 20 Legend). Right now I have something through Shore Trips booked (zipline and beach).

I never thought to email Victor about sharing the cab with another couple.

Thanks for posting this question.

Believe it or not . . . a very nice lady that will be cruising with me on my April cruise invited me to join her and her husband and two lady friends on Victor's Best of Roatan Tour. Wow! You gotta love Cruise Critics and the people who post on here . . . . :D

I went single on the Glory in November, and really wanted to zipline. I found a place online (Pirates of the Caribbean) and I'll add a link for you that compares the companies:

http://www.roatanshoreexcursions.com/roatan_canopy_tours.html

I didn't make reservations, but soon after the ship docked, I walked across the street to the Victor Bodden booth, bought a ticket ($60 for extreme), and found a cab driver who was quite willing to drive me up there and back, with a couple stops for souvenir shopping on the way back, for $20.00.

I got there before any tourists, had my own private guide, had a WONDERFUL time and was back on the ship before it started raining and enjoyed room service lunch on my balcony!

With a little planning, and a little guts, us singles can do it all! :D

Depending on your level of adventure, when you leave the ship you will be bombarded on the ship block with trip offers. Victor has a booth. There are tons of others. If you wing it, you can make some quick decisions from the -shall I say- very enthusiastic vendors working for your business.

I didn't make reservations, but soon after the ship docked, I walked across the street to the Victor Bodden booth, bought a ticket ($60 for extreme), and found a cab driver who was quite willing to drive me up there and back, with a couple stops for souvenir shopping on the way back, for $20.00.

I got there before any tourists, had my own private guide, had a WONDERFUL time and was back on the ship before it started raining and enjoyed room service lunch on my balcony!

Hey Seafun .... how was the extreme ziplining? I did the Roatan Canopy which was fun but now I'm hooked and would like to try the extreme! Can you tell me more? Any pictures?

:p :p

I've been in contact with Tropical Rez. For any of you who just want to do a canopy tour they offer tours to South Shore and the Jungle Canopy. This is the only company I've found that will do the jungle canopy as part of a "guided" tour other than Victor Bodden or another hired cab service.

Pirates of the Caribbean you can also contact to have them send information. I, so far, have not heard back from them about my inquiry.

I do not have any personal experience, yet, with either of these two. But, if you just want to do ziplining both of these would be an option.

Archived