Best Itinerary For Snorkeling

eastexascruiser

We are planning our 1st SC cruise. We plan to sail early 2009 to celebrate our 15th anniversary (yeah!). As you can see from my signature, we are mostly mega-ship cruisers since we usually travel with our children, but this will be an adults only vacation for us.

We do not dive at this time, but love to snorkel. I am trying to figure out which itinerary would be best for snorkeling. We've been to St. Lucia, St. Vincent & the Tobago Cayes on our WJ sailing 2 years ago so I would prefer to go somewhere we haven't been.

Any suggestions on the best itinerary for snorkeling? I really appreciate your feedback!

• 1 month later...

If you can cope with the flights to Thailand, either of the Thai routes are just perfect for snorkelling. We just came back from a Caribbean cruise with Star Clippers and it doesn't compare with the Thai waters for snorkelling at all! The waters are crystal clear and the reefs really full of fish and coral and (at the places Star Clippers visits) readily accessible to snorkellers. In fact the only places you can't snorkel are the Malaysian stops.

Archived