Silver Spirit Voyage 5436A

nfcu

Does anyone know what the story is with Spirit voyage 5436A, 8 days to the Caribbean, departing 4 Dec 2014 from Fort Lauderdale? It is not listed in the 2014 Voyage catalog as voyages 5436 and 5437 are. It is now offered on the web site and with the "A" added to the voyage number, it was obviously added later to the schedule. Plus, it includes odd ports of call including Princess Cruise Line's private island Princess Cay, and Falmouth, Jamaica, which was only built recently by RCCL to give their monster ships somewhere to go.

What was originally scheduled for this time period? A charter or a visit to a shipyard which was cancelled?

I think this cruise was added to the schedule in late February or early March. No idea what was scheduled for that time period. We asked that question when we discovered it when we were onboard in early March and it was a recent addition. And yes, it includes different ports for Silversea which is great. It may be that they are "testing" the ports, or other ports they would normally stop at were full. In any event, it's a different itinerary and a good price so we are glad it's on the schedule.

I don't know why 5436A in the Caribbean was added, but I just noticed that Voyage 5431 on the Spirit in the Mediterranean and the Black Sea in September and October has been split into two, 5431A and B. This may be due to cancellations on the original cruise which was scheduled to go to Sochi, Russia and ports in Ukraine. Silversea substituted Izmir, Turkey and ports in Greece for those troubled places.

• 2 months later...

I just booked the 12/4 Silver Spirit and getting on to chat with my fellow passengers is all too new to me. I'm trying to figure out how not to make it so complicated to get to this site, Please share with me how I got here.

Anxious to meet some people Before sailing. I live in So. Florida Boynton Beach and have been cruising since 1984. First time tho' on Silversea and I'm so looking forward to it.

If someone answers this, I'll know I've finally found where I want to be talking to you.

Thanks,

G

I just booked the 12/4 Silver Spirit and getting on to chat with my fellow passengers is all too new to me. I'm trying to figure out how not to make it so complicated to get to this site, Please share with me how I got here.

Anxious to meet some people Before sailing. I live in So. Florida Boynton Beach and have been cruising since 1984. First time tho' on Silversea and I'm so looking forward to it.

If someone answers this, I'll know I've finally found where I want to be talking to you.

Thanks,

G

G: I think you will be interested in the Roll Call for your cruise. Click on: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2029447