Questions for those who sailed on the Dawn Freo to Sing

Hi there for anyone who cruised on the April 15 Dawn cruise from Freo to Singapore. I have a few questions.

Did anyone book a taxi or driver when you docked in KL? I know it's a way from the port and traffic isn't reliable, just wondering if people booked their own way or just took the ships bus into KL?

Was it rough out of Freo? Sea sick? Did it calm down as you got passed Geraldton?

What is the setup as far as taxi's are concerned when you disembark at the ports?

Which ports did you have to catch a tender in?

Thank you so much for any info.

kind regards,

I did the pacific jewel twice out of freo in April and May and both time we headed north towards Geraldton and it was very smooth. Obviously weather plays a huge part in that, especially with cyclones passing by at certain times of year.

Thanks Chris,

I appreciate you responding so quick. I was thinking that since it is the dry season up north that it should hopefully be ok. Hoping for no random Cyclones!

kind regards

We had a lovely time .....

We caught the tail end of a cyclone two days out of Freo - an unusual occurrence - there was a very large swell and many people were sea sick. This is obviously not the norm and once past this and closing in on Bali the seas flattened out and conditions for cruising were superb.

Re Port Klang/Kuala Lumpur - the ships excursion is the best way to go because of the distance and the traffic conditions. It was approx $50.00 per person for the Kuala Lumpur by yourself tour which dropped you off at the Pertronas Towers. Taxis were a similar price I believe but of course you do not have the guarantee that they will get you back in time.

If you have any other queries, please ask .....

Judy

We had a lovely time .....

We caught the tail end of a cyclone two days out of Freo - an unusual occurrence

Re Port Klang/Kuala Lumpur - the ships excursion is the best way to go because of the distance and the traffic conditions. Taxis were a similar price I believe but of course you do not have the guarantee that they will get you back in time.

Judy

Thank you so much Judy,

that is what I was thinking. I just would have liked a little bit more time as I have some particular shops I need to go to But a couple of people have said the same thing, a bit concerned about the traffic. I've been there a couple of times and had no problem but when those that are more familiar say that it can happen, then I listen!. re: cyclone, we caught the tail end of it here in Bunbury but thinking that July wouldn't be too bad, well I've got some travel calm and I'm going to buy some ginger!

Thanks again.

kind regards,

Thank you so much Judy,

that is what I was thinking. I just would have liked a little bit more time as I have some particular shops I need to go to But a couple of people have said the same thing, a bit concerned about the traffic. I've been there a couple of times and had no problem but when those that are more familiar say that it can happen, then I listen!. re: cyclone, we caught the tail end of it here in Bunbury but thinking that July wouldn't be too bad, well I've got some travel calm and I'm going to buy some ginger!

Thanks again.

kind regards,

Ask your doctor for Stemitil and take it 24 hrs before you sail. We sailed into Force 7, next day force 8. In fact in our 14 day cruise to NZ the promenade deck was closed for 6 days. We were fine, only took after the first 48 hours when it got really rough again, the Captain announced over the speakers when to take it!! Enjoy your cruise

Hi there for anyone who cruised on the April 15 Dawn cruise from Freo to Singapore. I have a few questions.

Did anyone book a taxi or driver when you docked in KL? I know it's a way from the port and traffic isn't reliable, just wondering if people booked their own way or just took the ships bus into KL?

Was it rough out of Freo? Sea sick? Did it calm down as you got passed Geraldton?

What is the setup as far as taxi's are concerned when you disembark at the ports?

Which ports did you have to catch a tender in?

Thank you so much for any info.

kind regards,

We were on it, did not get seasick but a lot did. (only because of the edge of the cyclone at the time) My friend did, I got her outside in the fresh air she popped a pill and came good.

We hired a driver for the 4 of us from ABC Kualalumper, driver was Shaan, excellent person, very informative. Did cost us $80 each but well worth it. They take you to the usual places but they will take you other places you may want to go. It only took us about 40 mins each way to go into and get out of KL city, traffic was not a problem at all.

We never do ships tours, we are do it yourselfers and I am very strict on getting back on time, just ask my hubby, lol. We hired a driver for Bali, KL and Phuket via the net before leaving and they had a card with my name on it when we disembarked, it all worked well and was very civilised. When we got to Langkawi we hired a taxi driver just a bit away on the jetty leading up to where the ship was moored. In Penang we were going to use Shank's pony but the humidity got to us so we went on the HOHO bus.

Bali was the only tender port and it was a shambles getting back on in the afternoon. That has been the only time though that we have ever experienced that sort of thing.

I was disappointed with the outbreak of noro virus though, it did make me think about cruising when you spend 2 -3 days sick on a 12 day cruise. Not that we got sick but again my friend and her hubby did. Do not share drinks people:) which they did. I was a bit paranoid re cleanliness the whole trip to be honest because I have read so many reports re ships and that virus.

Anyway, if you have any more questions feel free to ask.