Downtown Seattle condo vs hotel

JustUs275

After researching prices, locations etc, I booked a studio condo near Harbor Steps for our 3 pre-cruise nights in June - it's just the 2 of us, no car. The total cost per night, including the cleaning fee, is the same (or less) than most downtown hotel rooms. We frequently rent condos for our beach vacations, so we are familiar with the general processes. According to the website, the building has an indoor pool, sauna, workout facilities, roof top bbq.

So, other than not having daily maid service, is there any disadvantage to a condo vs a hotel that I'm not thinking of for our time in Seattle? I can't find any posts here about condo rentals, so I'm kind of wanting to make sure there's not something that I'm not thinking about. Hoping that from some of you local experts will weigh in - thanks!

No problem at all. The location and amenities are excellent and I would have zero hesitation. If you're sailing from Pier 66, you could easily walk to the pier. If you're sailing from Pier 91, have your driver pick you up from the Western Ave doors and you'll avoid 1st Ave/Belltown traffic.

Sounds like a deal to me! That's a very good location. Having a kitchen, and those rooftop grills, makes it perfect for picking up some goodies somewhere like the Market (say, a cooked, cleaned, fresh Dungeness crab, or salmon steaks to grill) and having a feast all to yourselves one night.

I think it sounds like a good plan.

We leave in 24 days and we have also booked a condo with friends for the 2 days pre-cruise that we are in Seattle. it is in Belltown. so we plan to walk to pier 66.

We have saved at least 100 each by doing it this way instead of a hotel. It sounds like we have the same amenities as you pool, gym, BBQ on a roof area. Love the idea of cooking our own food fresh from the market.

Ours even comes with an in unit washer /dryer. We can start our cruise with all clean clothes!

if I find out something unusual I can come back and let you know.

Have Fun!

Excellent plan. Do you know about the Skybridge at the corner of Bell St and Elliott Ave? That makes the walk a lot easier as it saves you a big change of grade and crossing railroad tracks.

Oh Thanks, I did not it is our first visit to Seattle. That sounds great!

I think it sounds like a good plan.

We leave in 24 days and we have also booked a condo with friends for the 2 days pre-cruise that we are in Seattle. it is in Belltown. so we plan to walk to pier 66.

We have saved at least 100 each by doing it this way instead of a hotel. It sounds like we have the same amenities as you pool, gym, BBQ on a roof area. Love the idea of cooking our own food fresh from the market.

Ours even comes with an in unit washer /dryer. We can start our cruise with all clean clothes!

if I find out something unusual I can come back and let you know.

Have Fun!

Yes , please do come back and let me know how the condo worked out! The condo we booked has a washer/dryer across the hall too. It will help me to pack less, well, in theory anyway :o We sail from Pier 91, so we will have to take some kind of transportation from the condo to the pier, I think?

Edited by JustUs275

Yes , please do come back and let me know how the condo worked out! The condo we booked has a washer/dryer across the hall too. It will help me to pack less, well, in theory anyway :o We sail from Pier 91, so we will have to take some kind of transportation from the condo to the pier, I think?

It does sound like you will have to take transportation to the pier.

We plan on walking a lot so I will let you know.

Jean

• 1 month later...

Hi Just us.

We stayed in Belltown Condos it was wonderful and a great location for walking to everything.

Not sure where you said your was located but you will need a ride to Pier 91 if you are in that area.

Washer and Dryer worked great!

Have fun!

Jean

Hi Just us.

We stayed in Belltown Condos it was wonderful and a great location for walking to everything.

Not sure where you said your was located but you will need a ride to Pier 91 if you are in that area.

Washer and Dryer worked great!

Have fun!

Jean

Thank you, Jean - glad to hear the condo worked out well!

We are staying at Harbor Steps, so yes we will need a ride to Pier 91.

We leave Tuesday, can't wait!

Terri