Boudicca Freds Shore Tours

aujme

We will be on Boudicca in reykjavik in August but I see Freds Shore Tours are quite expensive I was wondering are there any local tour companies offering tours,

Your help would be appreciated,

Thanks aujme

Edited by aujme

• 2 weeks later...

If you look at my report on the Boudicca trip to Greenland and Iceland that is posted below, I have put some information about the indepandent tour we did in Reykjavik and also other information about the port itself. You may find it useful.

Have a great trip. We loved Iceland even though the weather could have been better.

Whilst not wishing to enter a debate about ships tours and DIY tours, I often think the ships tours get a bad reputation.

Ok ships tours may be a little more expensive but in my experience not overboard. Spending 2 grand on a cruise and then bucking at paying £15 more for a ships tour?

You pay also for the knowledge that if your late into a port you will still get the trip or a refund.

You pay also that no ships tour will be left on the harbour in case of an unforeseen circumstance.

Also no messing about looking for tours on harbour side.

Now in the Caribbean we never use ships tours but in St Petersburg we defiantly will. In Iceland and Greenland we used the ships tours.

I choose between ship or DIY based upon many criteria, not just because they are perceived as cheaper.

I agree with 1160451. We usually do a mixture of DIY and ship's tours, depending on the port of call.

Another advantage of a ship's tour is that the commentary is in English, whereas if you go independently, you could have a mixture of nationalities and languages.

A good source of information is http://www.whatsinport.com/