Where to buy possum fur/merino wool wraps/clothing

Sydney54

Cruising on the Voyager of the Seas to New Zealand in late January with Napier, Wellington, Picton, and Dunedin being our ports of call. Can anyone please advise where I could purchase possum fur and merino wool wraps and clothing at any of these ports?

Cruising on the Voyager of the Seas to New Zealand in late January with Napier, Wellington, Picton, and Dunedin being our ports of call. Can anyone please advise where I could purchase possum fur and merino wool wraps and clothing at any of these ports?

I am surprised you are not going to Tauranga as this is the best place to get these products

http://www.ilovemerino.com/

I could go made buying here (and have been known too:eek::D)

Or Dunedin

https://plus.google.com/101671627494718259754/about?hl=en

This shop does not have a web page but this is where I have had a big spend! :o

Wellington will give you some shopping options too, with the port within easy distance of the downtown. Icebreaker is New Zealand's premium outdoor merino brand - Gordon's Outdoor at the bottom of Cuba St has a dedicated store. For the more fashion/leisure I'd suggest Te Papa's store, Kirkcaldie & Stain department store, Sommerfields near the Cable Car on Lambton Quay and Simply New Zealand opposite the InterContinental Hotel.

Great souvenirs - nice and light and with the possum, you're doing our environment a favour as well! If you want to find out why possums are such a problem for New Zealand, take a 10 minute trip up to Zealandia - they explain it really well!

We picked up a jumper in Wellington...we were just walking down the main road dodging the rain....(our plans changed with the rain) and spotted the shop across the road....it looked like a short lease type shop.. great prices and helpful staff....hubby got a xxl with generous length on the sleeves. ...and body which are so hard to find..

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

I just love my possum jumper which I got in a small town in the Sth Island. So light and warm! I will splurge and get another one here in Sydney if I can find one. I do not buy clothes online as even when I pick them to try on in a store, about 4 out of 5 are all wrong!