Where and when to watch SuperBowl in Auckland

Bowie MeMe

We will either be in Auckland or Tahiti for the Super Bowl (flying 6 PM PPT on Sunday the 2nd landing AKL on Mon 3rd at 10 PM ). DH would love to catch some of the game. Can somebody translate it for me: When and where will Americans watch the superbowl (American Football) in Auckland:) I just can not get the hang of the international dateline:o

Auckland is 18 hours in front of the East Coast of the USA at the moment, so count 18 hours forward from kickoff time and that's when you need to be at a bar to watch :) Is it on the 2nd Feb? So if kickoff is say 6.30pm local time, it will be 12pm on the 3rd Feb in Auckland.

As for somewhere to watch, I just googled Superbowl Auckland and got this website http://www.viewauckland.co.nz/pubsandbars/bars-to-watch-the-superbowl-in-auckland-recommended-auckland-831.html

Oops I just realised you won't be in Auckland yet, as you don't land their until 10pm. Kickoff time will be 1.30pm On the 2nd Feb Tahiti time, so you could catch a bit of it before your flight. I have no idea of where might be showing it though, maybe ask in the pacific islands forum.

Thanks Jacs. I appreciate. For 2 out of the last 3 years we have been flying through the Super Bowl. Just the way it works out but hubby a little grumpy and I MISS the ads -- always the best adverts of the whole year!:D Will try to catch it in Papeete -- unless decide to just snorkel instead!