Lido Deck - Pros and Cons

kldimatteo

If anyone has stayed on the Lido deck, could you let me know what you liked and what you didn't? Our last cruise we stayed in the Pool area the whole day. For that reason, it seems like the Lido deck is most convenient (for family members wanting to take a quick nap, or make a quick change). My husband is against it - for 2 reasons. He thinks that the rocking motion will be more severe as rooms are located in the front. He also thinks there will be more noise in those rooms.

What have your experiences been? Please share.

We loved our cabins on the lido deck on the Glory! With kids it was very convenient because we were always at the pool, and it was close to lots of food options. We didn't have any issues with feeling more motion, but we did have motion issues when we were on an aft balcony on the Miracle. If we could afford balcony cabins on the lido deck for our cruise in Sept we would totally be there, but this time it is connecting ocean-view cabins for us this time.

Our last two cruises, last one this past February, we booked the 4J on Lido all the way forward. It was always quiet, very convienient to all the Lido has to offer. As far as motion, you'll likely feel some, no matter where your cabin is,however, the seas have a lot to do with it too. Coming in on our last cruise, our last sea day, there were 6 to 9 foot seas. The ship was cutting right through those, and that night there was just enough motion to rock me to sleep!! :D

Next cruise we will have a Mid-ship balcony, deck 7. Excited about that!!

Archived