QM2 Westbound Transatlantic 7-28-07

BeardedGuy

Hi Jim,

I saw your name on the roll call and was glad that you posted this. I will be on this crossing too and hope we can arrange to get together in the Commodore Club sometime. Have you been on her before? My husband and I have been several times and love every minute. Can't wait!

Aloha from Hawaii,

Patti Anderson

Hi Patti -

And Aloha to you as well. This will be our first crossing and our first time on the QM2. We were on QE2 a few years ago on a cruise thru Canaries and coasts of Spain & Portugal. Great trip and wonderful ship, so we are looking forward to meeting her "big sister". Also just looking forward to the trip in general. We will fly to London Wednesday night and take the train down to Southampton Thursday morning. We have reservations at a B&B there and will probably go to Winchester and/or the Isle of Wight before the ship leaves on Saturday afternoon. We'll also spend the weekend in NY when we dock there. I had enough Hilto Points to stay at the Waldorf - looking forward to that as well - another first for us there.

We'd love to get together with a CC group - in the Commodore Club or wherever. We were on a Celebrity cruise last summer and there were about 30 of us that met on the boards and got together several times on the ship. A few of us are still corresponding on that "roll call" thread.

All the best,

Jim

Hi Jim,

I will put my e-mail address at the end of this and, if you'd like to plan a get together on board, please let me know. We are leaving here on June 1st and spending time in Europe with rail passes before I board the ship. I don't like to fly so I'm sailing and my husband flies home.

You will probably hear from more people from CC in the early summer after I have left.

If you'd like a "tour" of the ship at some early point, I'd enjoy showing you two around as we have been on her numerous times. She's glorious!

Aloha, Patti

pakelekia1515 at hawaii dot rr dot com

Patti -

We'd love the tour. If there's a CC get together, (anyone else on this trip out there?), we'll certainly pass the word. Where are you going on your train explorations? We've really done much more "land" than "sea" stuff over there - about 15 trips over the years. I'd rather travel than (almost) anything else. However, one look at my girth will tell you that the most frequent activity I engage in is eating! E-mail is below.

Jim

Home: jmg1969 <at> mindspring <dot> com

Work: jgordon <at> meadowcraft <dot> com

• 3 months later...

Hello, fellow cruisers,

We just found this thread, having just posted to another thread for this cruise, so please forgive the duplication.

My husband, Andy, and I just (yesteday!) booked passage on the QM2, sailing from Hamburg to NY on 7-26-07. It looks like you all will be embarking in Southampton. We are hoping to take the ship's excursion there to Stonehenge and Salisbury. If not, we may take the ferry to the Isle of Wight.

We are so looking forward to this cruise. When I was a child, my family and I sailed from NY to Cherbourg and back to NY on the Queen Elizabeth. On both crossings, In the middle of the cruise, in the middle of the night, in the middle of the North Atlantic, we all went up on deck to watch the Queen Elizabeth pass the Queen Mary. Both were all lit up, and blowing their stacks. It was really a wonderful experience. Am so excited to be back on a Queen for a transatlantic cruise.

We are tentatively assigned to cabin 4114, but will jump if offered an upgrade. It doesn't look like a full ship (yet!). Hope that we get a chance to meet you all on board.

Looking forward to a wonderful cruise,

Cami and Andy Cenedella (from Tucson, AZ)

Archived