'Soda Package' question

steph*123

Hello,

After everyone being so lovely and helpful in reply to my first question, I have decided to push my luck and ask a few more...!

Can anybody tell me more about the 'Soda Package' on the QM2 please? Im not a big drinker and think this could be the perfect option for me!

Also, what can I expect the weather to be like mid july on a Westbound crossing? Im very much hoping for some sunshine!

Thank you all in advance,

Steph x

Steph,

The soda package costs $3.50 a day if I remember correctly. It is great, even if you are a drinker, as all of your soft drinks are free.

Westbound in July. It is mid summer, it should be very nice, but you never can tell with the Atlantic.

Hope this helps.

James

Soda package is just that...soda. (think Coke/diet coke/sprite) and the current cost is 3.95 plus 15%. You can get it anywhere anytime (not room service) They attach a sticker to your cruise card and thats what you show to the staff.

Would there be a spirit card you can buy. I know they are on other cruise lines. And what about a wine card.

No such luck. I've suggested a champagne card before, but it hasn't happened yet.....

You can order a half bottle of spirits and five cans of fizzy pop for twenty dollars for use in cabin.

Matthew

would the soda package include any mixers in alcohol drinks ? ie Gin + Tonic.

Nope, this is why the bar staff were incredulous when we did the med in 2004. The Russians all paid for the soda package and brought their own bottles of vodka into the bar and just got "free" mixers from the bar!

The soda package does cover juice. I can remember my wife having it on several occassions.

J

Archived