Aft cabin and laundry sensitivities.

lucigo

We booked a 9D GTY and were thinking we would get a fwd facing cabin. Surprise we are in (Fantasy) 5686. a corner aft oceanview, which looks like a great cabin. Just realized it is very close to the laundry room, and so my question...

My son is very sensitive to smells. We typically take stairs on formal night due to perfumes, and we use "free and clear" types of detergents. Tide and Downey type smells are just a lot. I know that might sound strange. Has anyone with a cabin close to the laundry room noticed this to be a problem or is it pretty well contained?

These are the cleanest laundry rooms you'll ever see. DCL has people in there at least twice a day for a complete cleaning and several more quick checks/spot cleanings. You won't find products spilled on the floor or wherever unless it happened very recently.

On the Fantasy, I didn't notice ANY smells from the laundry room.

On the Magic, it smelled like any laundromat--not a bad smell, but a distinct scent. This was only evident immediately outside the room.

The products sold on the ship are Tide and Downy, but people are welcome to bring their own stuff. The laundry rooms do have a door that closes, but much of the time it is propped open to allow more cooling and ventilation in there.

Based on your room location, is it possible to take a hallway on the opposite side of the ship to avoid passing the laundry room if this is a problem?

These are the cleanest laundry rooms you'll ever see. DCL has people in there at least twice a day for a complete cleaning and several more quick checks/spot cleanings. You won't find products spilled on the floor or wherever unless it happened very recently.

On the Fantasy' date=' I didn't notice ANY smells from the laundry room.

On the Magic, it smelled like any laundromat--not a bad smell, but a distinct scent. This was only evident immediately outside the room.

The products sold on the ship are Tide and Downy, but people are welcome to bring their own stuff. The laundry rooms do have a door that closes, but much of the time it is propped open to allow more cooling and ventilation in there.

Based on your room location, is it possible to take a hallway on the opposite side of the ship to avoid passing the laundry room if this is a problem?[/quote']

Thanks for your input. Our room is a corner aft room so I'm guessing we can just go up the hall from there and not actually have to pass by the laundry room. Glad to know the Fantasy doesn't have a distinct smell.

My daughter has it so bad that we were trying on clothes at Penneys the other day and she came out of the dressing room complaining that the lady next to her obviously uses Tide. My kids are like bloodhounds LOL

We were booked into an aft balcony on a GTY on the Dream on Deck 5, several doors away from the laundry room. I have the same issue with smells. Anyone been in that location on the Dream? Also, is it noisy when people do laundry at all hours of the day and night?

Edited by cruislovin

IF you experience noise from the laundry room after "quiet hours," just let Guest Services know. They have signs that basically say "Please keep it quiet," and if that doesn't work, they close and lock the laundry rooms at the start of quiet hours. The comfort of guests in the nearby cabins is the priority.

That said, not as many people do laundry on the Dream. Yes, there is always that kid who dumped something all over his only pair of decent pants, but most people would prefer to avoid laundry on a 3 or 4 night cruise. Now on my typical 14 nighter, avoiding laundry is not possible.