Island Marketing Canopy Adv. & Island Tour OR Rony's Private Tour

TVetsch

I thought I had made up my mind to go w/ Rony's Private Tour, but received an email about Island Marketing Canopy Adventure & Island Tour. While I love Rony's set up, the Island Marketing included the Iguana Farm and Monkeys in the price, as well as some beach club fees. I know Rony's is great....I've read lots. Has anyone done this Island Marketing Tour? I'd love a review on it! I'm pretty sure it will be less personal, are the extras worth it? Please help!!

Tabetha

My DW and I are going with Rony when we hit Roatan at the beginning of December. He has already e-mailed us several times with suggestions, about preferences, etc., etc. We'll give you a full review when we come back.

Mike and Lorie

• 2 months later...
My DW and I are going with Rony when we hit Roatan at the beginning of December. He has already e-mailed us several times with suggestions, about preferences, etc., etc. We'll give you a full review when we come back.

Mike and Lorie

Just booked with Rony and wondering what your experience was like? Who was your tour guide? What did you see? Which beach did you visit?

Any info greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Just booked with Rony and wondering what your experience was like? Who was your tour guide? What did you see? Which beach did you visit?

Any info greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

We had Michael, Rony's cousin, as our tour guide. We went to a grocery store to get some coffee (I had to take some home), then Anthony's Key (didn't do the dolphin swim, just wanted to check it out), then the Monkey Stop at Victor's, then to Half Moon Bay. We had other stops planned, but we liked Half Moon Bay so much we stayed there. DW swam and sunbathed while I snorkeled, because the reef is right off the beach. Go see the monkey's. We had fun doing that. On way back to ship we went around West End, and through Coxen Hole.

We had a great time and will use Rony's again when we go back

Thanks for the info - what other animals are there at the "monkey stop'? Rony has promised me there are some roatan rabbits!!! :D:D

Was it crowded at Half Moon bay? Any charge for loungers or palapas? How about facilities?

Thanks for the info - what other animals are there at the "monkey stop'? Rony has promised me there are some roatan rabbits!!! :D:D

Was it crowded at Half Moon bay? Any charge for loungers or palapas? How about facilities?

There are some of the animals shown on the Victor's Monkey Business slideshow here: http://www.mayanjunglecanopy.com It takes a while but thre are some great pictures (especially of the monkeys!)

The island rabbits look like a NYC rat that I saw a few years back...or, at least the way I remember it!

Besides monkeys (two kids), there were anteaters, parrots, tucans, deer, animals native to Roatan or Honduras.

Half Moon bay wasn't crowded at all. There were three other couples from the Legend (One got there before us, one after us) and we stayed at Half Moon Bay cabins. It's on the right side of the bay, where the reef is. They have loungers which we used, but we did buy lunch and a few drinks there. Snorkel rental was $7, but one of the other couples had their own and no one seemed to mind. The beach, which was about 100 feet to left of us, had loungers, kayaks, glass bottom boat rides, plus other places to eat and drink. I would imagine they charged for that (kayaks, boat) but we didn't use them.

I've included a couple of pictures, one from the monkey stop and a couple from half moon bay. Hope this helps. The drink in the photo is a Monkey La-La. They are great.

244.jpg.afc932953ada15337fecc1b63aaf0512.jpg

266.jpg.086886092c8307f9c2f30b7abb019621.jpg

1811357355_Roatan5.jpg.159a8947587b5d126b50b47995e0bfff.jpg

Archived