Who is going on the Elation?

sandt

We are planning to cruise the Elation Jan 14, 2016, but haven't booked yet. So I have cruise fever BAD! :) Anyone else sailing on the Elation recently or anytime soon? Wondering if there have been any changes since January 2015 and what cool things you are finding to do in Cozumel?

• 2 weeks later...

We just cruised on the Elation last week (10/3-8/15). It was a pretty full Fall Break cruise with lots of kids - the O2 teen club counselor said 600 kids aged 0-18 were on board! We had 2 of those kids (13 & 16) and they thought it was an absolute blast.

Overall, we loved the ship and would book her again. Our room was R57 - perfectly located! I did notice the wear in the cabins but everywhere else on the ship was really lovely. I really liked the size of the ship overall. Lots of great places to just sit & enjoy the view.

None of the Big 2.0 upgrades are available, I think - like Guys burgers, etc. The food in the MDR was wonderful. I had great food in the buffet lines too. And we have now tried the made to order omelettes. Those were tasty! :D

We also enjoyed the ports.

Let me know if you have any questions.

I hope my next Carnival cruise will have a Guy's burgers. The cheeseburger from the lido deck my DD had tasted great!

We did a beach day at Paradise beach. They are on FB and have a website http://www.paradise-beach-cozumel.com. The inflatables were neat but much harder to climb on than they looked :eek: It's not the place for true snorkeling but you can definitely get in w/ one & look around. The gear rental is included the cost of the inflatables. The kayak & paddle boarding was a great experience for us because we had never tried it. My son got to climb a "coconut tree" (fake - w/ climbing harness but it made for good pictures). They have a beautiful pool & great restrooms/ changing areas.

The food was good - DS had a burger & fries (yes, in Mexico he had a burger!:rolleyes:) DD had a chicken quesadilla & the DH & I shared chicken nachos.

The last time we were in Cozumel we did the sub booked through Carnival. It was interesting but a "once & done" kind of thing. The next time we go to Coz, we will go to the Money Bar beach club for better snorkeling opportunities, even though we are very novice snorkelers.

Check out the Ports of Call portion of the boards under Cozumel for lots of ideas & recommendations.

I would recommend you consider a ruins tour but go see ruins from the Progresso port.

Thanks for all the great info! :) We like to snorkel too. We have been to the Money Bar, but did not snorkel. There is a snorkel rental hut there though. There were several snorkel tour boats that stopped out at the reef there. So it must be good. We got a restaurant table on the water side right under the shade which was perfect, ordered chips & salsa and drinks. All was good. We had massages there too, very nice. I would recommend going as early as you can if you want some the loungers in the sand as that area is a tad small.

Did you happen to visit Serenity on the Elation? That is another of our favorite places. Hoping it is still nice and serene, lol.

I just booked the Jan. 14th cruise on Elation for my DH and myself. We have not been on a cruise with just the two of us since the Carnival Legend in 2012... so we are really excited for this getaway! I am also excited to be on the Elation again since she was the ship that started it all back in 2007 :D There was not a serenity deck in '07, which is our favorite place to exist, so I am super excited to learn the Elation now has this feature. You will find us there!!!!! We really feel 'connected' to the ocean when we are on an aft serenity area.

As far as Cozumel, we are still deciding. I wanted my DH to see the Tulum ruins but the excursion is not available on this itinerary (I'm assuming because the port time is only 7 hours, which is the length of the excursion) so I will have to wait until our July cruise to introduce him to that. We will most likely go to Isla Pasion again - it is very beautiful and we had a wonderful time when we were there in 2012.

I don't see a roll call for the Jan. 14th cruise yet, so I will just join in on this thread ;)

Best,

Lisa

Nashville, TN

We will be on her over Christmas. Was last on her Dec of 2014, so it will be almost exactly a year when we get on her since the last time we sailed her and incidentally that was my very first cruise! I doubt anything has changed since sailing last year. Good news is that the Triumph is coming to New Orleans next year and Elation is going somewhere else. The Triumph has some upgrades, including Guys if I am not mistaken. So in the future, we will have an option with Guys. :)

@dwflaf & 2bthereagain-Hi! So glad to hear you all are booked Jan 14th. :D:D:D I'm not technically booked yet, so I really don't qualify to start a roll call. So glad y'all posted here too. I sure hope our group will book soon. What an awesome Christmas gift for your mother dwflaf! 2bthereagain-we have never been to Isla Pasion but all our friends who have been rave about it.

@BigB0992-Yes! We are excited the Triumph is coming to New Orleans too, yay Guy's Burgers. DH eats 2 a day. Although we live in Mobile, AL, where the Elation is coming to when it leaves New Orleans. We are just as excited to be getting a ship back in Mobile. So it will be a hard choice for us then....hmmm, Elation at home or Triumph with Guy's Burgers??? Oh man!

Thanks for the welcome! My hubby eats 2 Guys Burgers a day as well. I love to get guacamole from the Blue Iguana and then stroll over to Guys and build me an awesome Guac Burger! You know, I thought Elation was going to Jacksonville and Fantasy was going to Mobile?

Lisa

Oh my gosh, yes, yall are so right. I had it messed up. I love the Fantasy too. The crew were great. We were on it for a New Years cruise & wow, they did it right. I wonder if they still have the same cruise director. She was a really funny gal.

I have a question for Elation former cruisers. We will have YTD because I don't like to be tied down to a certain time to eat but I would love to see the dancing waiters. Do they dance during YTD and do you know the approximate time? Thanks

@peggyo-we have done YTD one time, I think & I'm sorry, I can't remember what ship it was on. However, our experience was that we went to the dining room anytime during dinner serving hours to eat, which I believe was something like 5:30 to 9pm. The waitstaff performed toward the end of each regular dining time of those seated in that same dining room around us. So if we were in the dining room at that time, we saw the show. I'm not sure that is the way it still works or if that is how it works on all ships. Hopefully someone with more YTD experience will post for you. :)

• 2 weeks later...

@disneygirl08: great choice with the bar hop! Fun fun. I love seeing the gulf side of the island, beautiful big waves.

@joecala: NOLA is one of my favorite cities! We like to eat at Daisy Dukes ($2.99 early bird breakfast & unlimited bloidy mary's) & shopping at the bigger Pepper Pakace shop across from Cafe Dumond where you can sample everything. :)