First timer

amscene1

Just booked a 7 day western in the silohette. Me and my GF are in our late 20's we love DCL but after so many times I feel awkward on bored not having any kids. Do you think we will like celebrity.

You've done lots and lots of cruises. You should like Celebrity and that nice Solstice-class ship. BUT, tell us more on what you most seek, love, desire personally for such cruises. Assume it is not about the ports for you with all of your past cruises in these areas. See more details below on these Solstice-class ships.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a “Solstice: Visuals, Highlights Shared!” summary from two different adventures on this ship with many pictures and other details on its many options. This includes our recent Australia to New Zealand sailing. Check it out, including these recent updates, at:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1803477

Now at 25,537 views for this posting.

Just booked a 7 day western in the silohette. Me and my GF are in our late 20's we love DCL but after so many times I feel awkward on bored not having any kids. Do you think we will like celebrity.

Welcome aboard !!

Celebrity skews a bit older in demographics than the lines you have previously sailed with, I would say their average Customer is somewhere between 40 & 70. Does not mean there aren't older or younger aboard, just that they most definitely will be in the minority.

Unless it is School Break of some sort there will be very few kids or families... Mostly couples

Personally, I believe this is Celebrity's target audience with their "Modern Luxury" campaign and since they launched the S-Class Ships in 2008 and onwards (certainly the focus in their ads & brochures etc)

You won't be alone tho in your age group... Celebrity does a brisk Honeymoon biz

Chances are high that if you are eating your Dinners in the MDR as Traditional Dining that Celebrity will sit you at a table with others your age. They seem to do a great job in matching up table mates... We have always be happily surprised in how they get that right

There is a bit of sophistication to Celebrity in her design, layout, features & activities... That will charm you / seduce you (lol you have been warned)

If you are a food or wine lover, you will be quite satisfied. Mr Sloop was a reluctant cruiser, and now he raves about Celebrity. Very pleased with their service / pampering foremost... But equally happy with the selection of eats & beverages onboard. He has much enjoyed the various venues & their activities when it comes to Wine (Cellarmasters) - Craft Beers (previously was Michael's Club on the Summit) and although not a Scotch Man has heard those events were top notch too.

And on the food side... Loves the MDR and has enjoyed the Specialty Restaurants we have been to. We also got a kick out of the Galley Tour and learning how a ship of such great size turns out about 10,000 meals a day, and yet gives the Pax the perception that everything is done for us individually

The Silhouette is an S-Class Ship, they are all beauties... You will not be disappointed

Cheers!

Edited by Sloop-JohnB

Welcome Aboard!

Without a doubt you will have a hard time going back:D after you set foot on and sail a Celebrity ship. Now this of course is just MHO, after sailing on 7 diff lines, that wont get you a cup of joe anywhere but the buffet!

You've done lots and lots of cruises. You should like Celebrity and that nice Solstice-class ship. BUT, tell us more on what you most seek, love, desire personally for such cruises. Assume it is not about the ports for you with all of your past cruises in these areas. See more details below on these Solstice-class ships.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Yes, don't really care about the ports, more about the ships itself. I love the private areas for adults. Vibe on NCL - Satellite falls on fantasy (DCL). We like the bigger ships. My parents are elite plus on Celebrity and mostly get penthouse and royal suites. We don't need all that, so I grabbed a CC Class at a great price.

QUESTIONS:

Is there any areas that feel secluded (outside) on the S class?

are they pay to play or not?

Welcome aboard !!

Celebrity skews a bit older in demographics than the lines you have previously sailed with, I would say their average Customer is somewhere between 40 & 70. Does not mean there aren't older or younger aboard, just that they most definitely will be in the minority.

Unless it is School Break of some sort there will be very few kids or families... Mostly couples

Personally, I believe this is Celebrity's target audience with their "Modern Luxury" campaign and since they launched the S-Class Ships in 2008 and onwards (certainly the focus in their ads & brochures etc)

You won't be alone tho in your age group... Celebrity does a brisk Honeymoon biz

Chances are high that if you are eating your Dinners in the MDR as Traditional Dining that Celebrity will sit you at a table with others your age. They seem to do a great job in matching up table mates... We have always be happily surprised in how they get that right

There is a bit of sophistication to Celebrity in her design, layout, features & activities... That will charm you / seduce you (lol you have been warned)

If you are a food or wine lover, you will be quite satisfied. Mr Sloop was a reluctant cruiser, and now he raves about Celebrity. Very pleased with their service / pampering foremost... But equally happy with the selection of eats & beverages onboard. He has much enjoyed the various venues & their activities when it comes to Wine (Cellarmasters) - Craft Beers (previously was Michael's Club on the Summit) and although not a Scotch Man has heard those events were top notch too.

And on the food side... Loves the MDR and has enjoyed the Specialty Restaurants we have been to. We also got a kick out of the Galley Tour and learning how a ship of such great size turns out about 10,000 meals a day, and yet gives the Pax the perception that everything is done for us individually

The Silhouette is an S-Class Ship, they are all beauties... You will not be disappointed

Cheers!

All about Palo and Remy on disney and the pay for restaraunts on NCL were for the most part great. I don't really care for the MDR in either of the two though. Should I stay away from the MDR on Celebrity, or give it a go? I don't think I would mind the older crowd as long as its not "HAL" old, making it obv. that we are on the wrong ship....

I don't really care for the MDR in either of the two though. Should I stay away from the MDR on Celebrity, or give it a go?quote]

The MDR on Celebrity is wonderful, then so are the Speciality venues too. On our next sailing, 11 days, we are doing the 3 night speciality pkg, and all the others in the MDR. We may do one in the buffet, which does a very good evening meal, if we have a long day.

All about Palo and Remy on disney and the pay for restaraunts on NCL were for the most part great. I don't really care for the MDR in either of the two though. Should I stay away from the MDR on Celebrity, or give it a go? I don't think I would mind the older crowd as long as its not "HAL" old, making it obv. that we are on the wrong ship....

Mr Sloop & I are very much into Food & Wine... The MDR did not disappoint us. But at the same time it is not pretentious... Lots of choices for everyone no matter where their taste buds take them. And service is great.

We usually take all but one Dinner in the MDR... We actually look forward to it as one of the highlights of our day

We do Traditional Late Dining... And enjoy our experiences & our table mates

We schedule one evening in a Specialty Restaurant... Just for something different "special"

We rarely eat in the Buffet... Although it is very good. Generally do that just a few times a cruise, once each for a Breakfast & Lunch (lol, there are sooooo many choices for those 2 meals, that we never get thru the full list on a weeklong cruise)

As I said, I don't think the demographics will bother you at all... Celebrity most definitely is not HAL (my Elderly Parents are HAL fans)

Celebrity I believe is a lot more like Princess, or RCCL (which is part of he same cruise family) but just a tad more sophisticated...

This seems to come thru in Dress Code Posts... Celebrity Pax love to dress for Dinner (be it Smart Casual or Formal Nights). Formal Nights in particular come across as "Date Nights" on Celebrity for many couples.

Hope this helps,

Cheers!