NCL - Freestyle time & Late Night Fun Zone at kids club???

ocwine04

Specific to NCL - Does anyone know how often they typically have Freestyle time at the kids club (where kids at different ages can play together)?

Are they usually at a specific time? Do they post the times at the beginning of the week?

Also, does anyone know if they merge the 5-12 ages at the Late Night Fun Zone? Sounds like they typically just put in a movie or something.

We booked the Escape NCL and I have a 5 yr old (and an 8 year old) and we are travelling with 4 other kids (who are like family, she knows them all very well) all 6-9, so she is the ONLY one left out of the group, so I am hoping to maximize the times when she can merge with the other kids. She will be 5 mos away from turning 6 so I know she will be fine playing with the older kids, it's just I know there are the rules for the traditional Splash Academy programs.

TIA for all your help and experience!!

When NOT in the club, they'll all be together....so I don't think you have too much to worry about. The activities are perfect for each age group...that's why they separate them like they do. You can ask for her to be moved up...and if they think she's bored in her group, they may allow it.....

Edited by cb at sea

We are in the exact same situation. 5 months from being 6....travelling with a bunch of kids in the next age bracket

Any chance were on the same cruise and could advocate for our kids together?

That would be great if so. We are on the NCL Escape for June 25th.

We sailed on the Norwegian Sky last April. The one night my son attended the late nite fun zone, they were showing a movie. All the kids 3-12 were together. Let me clarify... the kids club consisted of two large playrooms joined together so there was a movie playing in one room and the kids (any age) who were interested in the movie could watch the movie (I also believe they served snacks) and connecting door was left open so if the kids wanted to play, draw, read books (any age) they were able to do so in the adjoining play room. The kids could also go back and forth between the rooms as they pleased. There were staff members in both rooms. For all other times if an activity was scheduled for a particular age group NCL would not allow “ age bumping” my daughter was almost 3, she was fully potty trained, and attends preschool and fully understood the concept of following directions, sitting at a table and participating in group activities. However when you sign your child in their pictures and info comes up on the screen; so they know the child’s age and would not allow her to participate with the 3 year olds. My daughter is very tall for her age so I was hoping they would not notice but the check in system tells the actual age. It was a bummer for us because she felt left out I begged, they refused. This time however she is 3 and is looking forward to the kids club.

We have been on NCL a lot and have found the kids club rules change depending on the time of year, cruise and number of kids on the ship. Often, there is a hour or so of open play each time the club opens for age groups to mix but it depends on how large each age group is if they can accommodate all the kids in one area. The same goes for late night play. If it is a full club, the groups can stay split but they usually bring them together.

• 2 months later...

OP.. Did you ever find the answer to this?

We're cruising on the breakaway in October. My daughter will be 6 and my son only a few months shy of 6. Wondering how often their groups will be combined so they can play together. Not a deal breaker as they easily make friends but I know they would enjoy playing together sometimes as they are best friends at home :)

• 2 weeks later...

We just got off the Norwegian Star with our 6 and 7 year olds. All kids 6-12 were in one room together playing games. There were no movies or anything? The Splash Club Staff said that we could book the Late Night Fun Zone, but they told me that they'd never seen a parent do it.