Progreso, Mexico

laveccha

I need some advice regarding the possibility of snorkeling in Progreso? Has anyone done a snorkeling excursion while in Progreso?

We will also be stopping in Cozumel, but the group we are traveling with has decided to do Nachi Cocom as an excursion, so i was hoping the kids could snorkel while in Progreso.

Thank you in advance!

The water in Progreso is nothing like Cozumel. Little to no reef, cloudy water with lots of stuff floating in it. You could opt for an excursion away from the town to Technotel with AP (Auto Progreso) ADULT: 35 USD CHILD: 22 USD Cozumel has a large reef system with clear water and lots of fish of all different colors and sizes. Nachi offers snorkeling and this is your best option.

I agree with overthehill, don't even think about Progreso. No snorkeling there.

I snorkeled the Money Bar in May 2013 and it is also completely unremarkable. What little reef there is has "whitening" and there was very little to no sea life to see. I know others recommend it but I assume they have not snorkeled there in quite awhile

There were no other boats or excursions snorkeling with me. It might have once been the place to do a shore snorkel, but in my opinion it's not worth the effort.

Now the Money Bar is awesome. Great food, drinks, and amenities.

Edited by mdrobtx

• 1 month later...