A warning about Fulton Garage Rooftop Parking in New Orleans

ryansmith18

Hey folks, just wanted to give you a heads up about something. Fulton Parking Garage in New Orleans gets pretty great reviews around these boards, and for good reason - $8/night with a shuttle to & from the port included. Hard to beat that.

HOWEVER, when you register an account with them, DO NOT use a password that you commonly use. You'll notice their website appears to have been designed last century. That made me hesitate a bit, but I continued forward using a generic password that I haven't used elsewhere. Sure enough, when I got my e-mail confirmation that password was staring back at me in plain text. This is a very, very bad thing. No good website will ever store your password in plain text, and certainly not e-mail it to you like that. If they take security that lightly, then they surely don't have the greatest protection elsewhere.

All the hard work has been done for any potential hacker. Getting into their system is the easy part. Decrypting passwords is the hard part, but that's already been done for them since they're stored in plain text like that! So if they can just copy a user database, they'll have access to a list of e-mail addresses and passwords. This isn't a problem for you if you use a different password with them than elsewhere. But if you use the same password at every website, including your e-mail, then they can just go down the list attempting to log in to each e-mail account using the password you setup with Fulton. Some of them are bound to be successful.

Anyways, I am by no means trying to scare you or cause any alarm. And I'm absolutely not suggesting that you park somewhere else - Fulton has a great reputation and that price can't be beat in New Orleans. I just don't trust their website or IT security. USE A DIFFERENT PASSWORD.

• 1 month later...

Hey just to follow up - we used Fulton's Rooftop Parking for our cruise a couple of weeks ago and thought it was great. Can't be beat for the price, and the guys loading and unloading everyone's luggage were very professional and courteous. They were diligent in making sure Carnival bags/passengers didn't get mixed up with Norwegian bags/passengers, lest they wind up at the wrong terminal without their luggage. We'll definitely be using them again for future cruises.

Indeed they do. I only mentioned those two because they both sail on Sundays from different terminals, so things can get confusing for first timers. But Fulton takes care of all cruise passengers leaving out of the port of NOLA regardless of which ship it is.

Indeed they do. I only mentioned those two because they both sail on Sundays from different terminals, so things can get confusing for first timers. But Fulton takes care of all cruise passengers leaving out of the port of NOLA regardless of which ship it is.

Thanks for the info. I see that a porter took your luggage at Fulton and you did not have to drop it off at the pier. Good to know

Thanks for the info. I see that a porter took your luggage at Fulton and you did not have to drop it off at the pier. Good to know

Oh, well no that's really accurate. They do a similar job to porters, but they're just the staff at Fulton Garage. The garage, while not terribly far from the port, is not a distance you really want to walk while hauling luggage around. So these guys pick you and your luggage up at the garage and drive you over to whichever terminal you need to be at. Once you're at the terminal there will be several porters available to handle getting your luggage on the ship.