Dining Room Table Size

camhaven

We're joining the Queen Victoria in Rio for the cruise to Sydney.

We are new to Cunard cruising and would like to know if you can ask for specific sized table in advance as you can on Princess and Carnival cruises.

I'm hard of hearing and wear aids which need speakers to be in front or adjacent to me in order to hear conversation. I've asked our travel agent and also emailed Cunard's customer support people. Both say I can only complain to the Maitre D after finding out that the allocated table is not suitable.

Are table allocations ever made in advance on Cunard cruises? It doesn't seem appropriate to complain after a meal. The people at the table may feel that you are complaining about them.

camhaven

Edited by camhaven

Should ask this on the Cunard board.

But, generally speaking the Maitre'D will be available around 1pm on embarkation day. Check you ship paper for the exact time and place. The staff at the MDR will have information for you regarding table size, etc.

If the table is not to your satisfaction they will try to accomodate. Usually the first night you will have to suffer through the undesirable seating and be accomodated with your choice for the rest of the cruise.

At times your request cannot be honored.

(Specific table size cannot be requested on Carnival except in group situations. Maybe the Carnival Spirit is different?)

Edited by SadieN

I always email the Maitre'D on Carnival for table size, location and age of tablemates. I have always gotten what I request. On Carnival the email address is first two letters of the shipmaitre'd@carnival.com.

On Princess it is the name of the ship (like rubyprincess) @ princess.com. You put maitre'd in subject line.

Before I started doing this we met with the maitre'd when we got on board and our requests were always met.

Edited by Bonnie J.