Staying in Hana

syr101

Has anyone stayed in Hana for the night while on a cruise. Where did you stay and why would be helpful. We are considering this so we can do a hike early the next morning then head back to the cruise ship.

We haven't stayed over - have just done it as a day trip on a land vacation. One concern that I have with committing to staying over is the weather ... rain can be an issue and I wouldn't want to hike the Pipiwai trail in the rain, so we just picked a day once we were there, based on a good weather forecast.

On the Maui Tripadvisor forum "one night Hana stays" are frequently discussed ... if you haven't already checked there, that site might be of help.

Hopefully someone on this forum will be able to give feedback based on their experience, but I think most cruisers would be reluctant to pay for a night's lodging plus meals... and Hana isn't inexpensive unless your expectations are low. It took us until our second trip, when we were there for 2 weeks, to decide that we were OK with devoting 12 hours to the RTH.