Comments/review on Allure

muskrat897

• 2 weeks later...

I have been on the Oasis and the Allure. I am a non walking power chair user with limited use of my left hand. I'M 6'2 AND 250 lbs. They are extremely w/c friendly. My biggest problem was the cheap little night stands. I need something to hold on to when turning over nd they don't cut the mustard. The mattress on the oasis is very comfortable because of the special pad on top. I have looked every where to find a place to buy one. They get them in Finland. The allure has the same pad but a different mattress. I find that it has individual springs that would be great for an able bodied person bit it is too diffcult to move in.We are bringjng a group on tye Allure in october and I don't look forward to it. We are treating our kids and grand kids to a cruise on the Oasis in April and I am looking forward to that. We are diamond plus cruise and love RCCL, but one thing can make or break a cruise. Enjoy

• 2 weeks later...
I have been on the Oasis and the Allure. I am a non walking power chair user with limited use of my left hand. I'M 6'2 AND 250 lbs. They are extremely w/c friendly. My biggest problem was the cheap little night stands. I need something to hold on to when turning over nd they don't cut the mustard. The mattress on the oasis is very comfortable because of the special pad on top. I have looked every where to find a place to buy one. They get them in Finland. The allure has the same pad but a different mattress. I find that it has individual springs that would be great for an able bodied person bit it is too diffcult to move in.We are bringjng a group on tye Allure in october and I don't look forward to it. We are treating our kids and grand kids to a cruise on the Oasis in April and I am looking forward to that. We are diamond plus cruise and love RCCL, but one thing can make or break a cruise. Enjoy

I do appreciate your response. It appears that our disabilities are quite similar. I was not aware of the bed situation.

There are special grab bars that I have seen in several mail order brochures we receicve. They slip between the mattress for help in getting in/out of bed. Do you have a Medical Supply store that has good inventory in your city ?? -- I am sure one could be ordered for you if not in stock. You should be able to take this along on planes without having to pay extra baggage fees. (Might be a good idea to get a letter from your doctor stating that you require this aid for your safety and comfort). You can also request one of the memory foam mattress toppers from your room steward.

Archived