ATV or rent a car?

Planning on renting a car on Moorea. I would like to either go to Lagoonarium or someplace around the island and snorkel. Where are the best spots to snorkel or should I plan on Lagoonarium. We are experienced snorkelers.

Also considering the ATV tour, but with all the other tours we have planned don't know if the 275.00 is worth it. For people who have done both, which one would you do again? Thank you

Lagoonarium is nice but pretty much for the beginner .........

You could take the boat schuttle over to between the motus on the northwest side. From Coco Beach transfer or the Les Tipaniers, about 10 bucks. The snorkeling between the motus is pretty good.

Lagoonarium is nice but pretty much for the beginner .........

You could take the boat schuttle over to between the motus on the northwest side. From Coco Beach transfer or the Les Tipaniers, about 10 bucks. The snorkeling between the motus is pretty good.

I think I am going to do the car rental. Can you tell me what areas to stop at? I should get a map to see what areas you are talking about. (Motus) no idea where that is. Someone said if you past the Hilton there is an area you can snorkel or can I snorkel at the Hilton no charge?

I think I am going to do the car rental. Can you tell me what areas to stop at? I should get a map to see what areas you are talking about. (Motus) no idea where that is. Someone said if you past the Hilton there is an area you can snorkel or can I snorkel at the Hilton no charge?

Hilton will charge you for day use.

The place just west of the Hilton is a public beach, right next to a small sailing club. Never snorkeled here, always seemed a bit choppy.

Just before the IC Moorea is the transfer location for Coco Beach, there is a sign next to the road.

Les Tipaniers is past the IC but before Le Petite Village

Planning on renting a car on Moorea. I would like to either go to Lagoonarium or someplace around the island and snorkel. Where are the best spots to snorkel or should I plan on Lagoonarium. We are experienced snorkelers.

Also considering the ATV tour, but with all the other tours we have planned don't know if the 275.00 is worth it. For people who have done both, which one would you do again? Thank you

We were recently on Moorea and rented a car Mon thru Wed (expensive) and it sat in the hotel parking for most of the time. We used it on day 1 to circle the island stopping here and there. We are experienced travelers & we have driven on some precarious roads and we did not like taking the car out after dark (car head lights not up to snuff, washed out roads under construction & cyclists not visible, basically pitch black) We had also booked excursions plus we had an OWB at the Hilton were the snorkeling was great. Most restaurants have a pick up service. We saw much more of the island on our ATV tour with Albert. They actually go off road where the views are spectacular, and they have water activities too. Next time I would probably not bother with a rental, using the money to take a few more excursions.