Carnival's Miracle - Bermuda

din2play2

My hubby and I have never cruised b4. We are thinking of booking on Carnival's Miracle to Bermuda in Sept. Was wondering if any1 has been on it and if they could give me there thoughts of it. Also, any advise for a 1st timer? After reading some posts I know to order from Bon Voyage prior to cruise but thats as far as i get :o

For general information on Carnival Cruise Line and the Miracle, you should visit the Carnival Cruise Line forum: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215

for questions on Bermuda, go to the Ports of Call board, Bermuda forum: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=196

for CC member reviews of the Miracle. go here: http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/getreviews.cfm?action=ship&ShipID=295

And after you have booked that cruise, be sure to join the roll call for the cruise and meet some of your fellow passengers: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=331

You'll love Bermuda!

SBtS

I went on the Miracle in 2008 and absolutely loved it. We went to Panama, Belise, Costa Rica out of FLL. Regardless of the ports and destination, the Miracle is absolutely fabulous. That was my 4th cruise and it was by far, the cleanliest of all others. Everyday someone was painting, polishing, swabbing the deck, washing windows....trash was picked up promptly around the pool areas. The beds were more comfy than RCI beds. The lounges, the dining rooms, the common deck areas...too pretty. You will love it. We did the galley tour and saw the staff below quarters...very nice and very attentive. The only odd layout is where the kids club is. You walk down a passenger hallway to get there. On most ships it has it's own hallway and a larger area for the kids.

The one good tip that I found on here (prior to my cruise) is that they serve fresh sushi @ 5:15-5:45. It isn't broadly advertised, so watch for the daily paper to find where they will have the sushi cart. The cart isn't near the dining area nor near the bar. It is near the dessert showcases where the specialty coffees are sold. The server makes the rolls daily and cuts them right in front of you! No extra charge and no limit as to how many you can have. OOOOOMMMMGGGG...I was in heaven!

I went with my 10 year old son on that cruise. We played pingpong, mini putt putt golf, we danced in the frankenstein's lab, watched the shows in the theatre, we participated in the games onboard, went down the waterslide sooo many times (yes, it is true, you will see more adults than kids going down the waterslide). They actually have a staff member at the bottom of the slide and the bottom of the stairs swabbing the deck. They are great! The wood does get a little slippery.

Have a great time; I am sure you will love your choice of ship!

My husband and I are going in September too. We are also first timers on a cruise and to Bermuda. I have read all good reports - I can't find anything bad that would stop us from going on Carnival. In fact, from what I researched, I'm finding that Carnival Miracle is the best. Go for it! I can't wait to visit Bermuda. Are you going from New York?

I've not been on the Miracle, but I have been on that same class of ship (Spirit Class) on Carnival the Spirit and loved that class. You will have a good time on Carnival as well as in Bermuda. I will however, caution you that Bermuda is very pricey for basic things. So be preparted to "over pay" for basic items. Have a great time!

• 1 month later...

Although I have not been on the Carnival Miracle, we have been on several other Carnival cruises and we've also been to Bermuda multiple times. Here is some info to help you:

Carnival Cruises - Carnival caters to a younger crowd with a very lively atmosphere. The food has improved over the years, but I still think Royal Caribbean, Princess and Celebrity are just a notch better. The nice thing about Carnival is they are a bit more laid back. You can certainly dress formal, but they also allowed folks to wear nice casual clothes to dinner. There are folks that don't like this fact, but we enjoyed not being forced to wear a suit. I suggest you book an open dinning plan as its easier than having a set time. We never had a problem finding a table when we were ready to eat.

Bermuda - You will love Bermuda!! The island is only 17 miles long with some of the most wonderful beaches. Most ships dock in Hamilton, St. George's and/or the Dockyard on the north end of the island. Bermuda has a great bus service that is clean and very convenient. You can buy a bus pass on your ship or once you get to Bermuda. Passes are good for the day or several days and make it very easy to see the island. The busses are cute pink color and everyone, including high end business folks, ride them. Do NOT rent a moped. We did once and almost killed ourselves. We also heard there are lots of tourist accidents on mopeds. Trust me, they are very tempting when you see them buzzing around, but don't take the chance. Stick with the bus system and you cannot go wrong. Make sure you hit Horseshoe Bay. The bus stops there at the top of the hill. You can walk down to the beach where they have showers and changing rooms. When you are ready to go back up, there was a little guy with a van called "To The Top $1". Its worth the buck to not walk that hill. Once back on the hill, there is a nice place to get drinks across the street. If you want a nice beach be sure to see Elbow Beach. Its before Horseshoe Bay and worth a couple of hours to see the water. Hamilton is the biggest city but they do have a very nice parade and street party in front of the boats one night during the week. Hopefully your ship will be there for that day. St George is more laid back with some very nice shops. We also snorkeled from there and went on a boat ride. Very nice.

You are very safe on Bermuda, but like other places they do have petty crime. Just make sure you hold your valuables close and don't take anything you cannot live without. We did see one lady lose her handbag when a moped took it from her. No one hurt at all, just petty crime like I said. Be sure to eat at least lunch on the island. There are some wonderful places there to eat. Remember, Bermuda is a high dollar island with the cost of living one of the highest in the world. Food and other things are a bit pricey, but you're on vacation.

Have a great time!! :):)

Smart-Travelers

www-*****

My hubby and I have never cruised b4. We are thinking of booking on Carnival's Miracle to Bermuda in Sept. Was wondering if any1 has been on it and if they could give me there thoughts of it. Also, any advise for a 1st timer? After reading some posts I know to order from Bon Voyage prior to cruise but thats as far as i get :o

I just got off the

Carnival-Miracle.jpg

In February. I went to the Southern Caribbean. Here is my review ...

http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=79005

And here is a link to some of the pictures I took ...

http://travel.webshots.com/album/579775898VIgvTI

• 2 months later...

I am also booked on the Carnival Miracle for 9/11/11. I have previously sailed on Princess, RCI and Celebrity, but have never sailed on Carnival. I have not been able to get much info about this ship. I have been to Bermuda a few times and I love it there! One of our ports for the CB is Bermuda and am looking forward to going back, and can't wait to be there for three days in September.

• 3 weeks later...

This will be my 11th cruise (this time sailing to Bermuda 9/11). 1 with Celebrity, 6 RCCL, and 4 with Carnival. Celebrity is a cut above, no comparison. In my opinion, RCCL and Carnival are comparable in almost every way. Carnival staterooms are more spacious (a very relative term).

Advice to a first timer - enjoy yourself and relax. Many folk feel like they have to do everything. You don't and will have a great time!

If you are on the 9/11 cruise, look for us. I am the 6'3" bald guy with the incredibly beautiful wife.

Archived