Room change - good or bad

travelmama06

I just switched from balcony guarantee to selecting room 8176 BE starboard side on pride of America for less money than BX -

hopefully that was a good decision !?

Anyone been in this room or nearby - how's location - i do know elevators near and rooms above and below so that should be satisfactory!

The way I look at it I'm cruising the hawaiian islands - it will be fabulous !!

Any feedback ?!

Thanks in advance

• 3 weeks later...
I just switched from balcony guarantee to selecting room 8176 BE starboard side on pride of America for less money than BX -

hopefully that was a good decision !?

Anyone been in this room or nearby - how's location - i do know elevators near and rooms above and below so that should be satisfactory!

The way I look at it I'm cruising the hawaiian islands - it will be fabulous !!

Any feedback ?!

Thanks in advance

I personally would go to port side of ship (opposite where you are now) for better and longer viewing of the Napali Coast.

Hmmm travel agent said starboard good side for views?

What about other Aspects of trip?

Which side of the ship is the overall best ??

IMO, port or starboard does not make that much difference, although many people recommend the port side for the trip up the Napali Coast when you leave port early afternoon the second Kauai day. You reach NaPali around 5:00PM. The ship does turn and go back with the starboard side facing, but it is going faster at that point.

But, if your cabin is on the wrong side, there are always the open decks, or the aft facing, open air Aloha Lanai with tables and couches on deck 11. There is a bar there, and access to the buffet if you get hungry. This is bound to be prime territory, so I'd stake claim early if you go there. This was our favorite place for breakfast, ( a buffet set up inside Moderno through the doors off the Lanai; you can sit indoors or out ), and for sail aways and evening drinks. Shaded, a soft breeze, a bar and entertainment such as soft guitar or Hawaiian duo.