Inexpensive hotel in Paris - please

stanjj111

We are going to spend two days in Paris after a cruise in mid Nov and would like to stay in a inexpensive hotel in Paris that is centrally located to tourist attractions. Please help in recommending a good hotel. Thank you.

Post this on the Britian board as there is info re paris and hotels there as well and you may get a quicker reply.

Do you have any idea what area you may want to stay in in Paris,and what is the amount you may want to spend??? I am going in mid Nov for a week as I love to go to Paris and haven't been in a bit. I usually stay in the 1arr as it is easy to get around and walkable to a lot of sights.I am putting a link that will give you some ideas as well as a link re budget hotels per se.I suggest the Hotel Therese as it is in a great area.Let me know if I can help further..:)

Hotel reservations - Venere.com

Budget Travel - Paris at a Price That's Right

The Marais neighborhood is a great place to stay. It's centrally located, has a lot of trendy restaurants, clubs, and shops, and small hotels. Here is one I stayed at 2 years ago and enjoyed: Hotel du Vieux Marais. It's also recommended by Rick Steves.

It's only a 2-star hotel, so don't expect luxury. The hotel had been freshly renovated when I stayed there and was quirky, bright, and very clean. The rooms are small. But if you want a perfectly fine hotel in a great area, it's worth considering.

in 2004 I stayed at a hotel called Saint Andre de Arts on a street with the some name as the hotel. It was in the Latin Quarter. We walked just about everywhere except the Eiffel Tower. The Ritz it wasn't but it was cheap and right there.

We stayed at the Mercure Hotel Suffrien (sp?). It wasn't exactly "cheap" but it was a two minute walk to the Eiffel tower. We stayed there for 4 days and were able to walk everywhere except Mont Martre where we walked to the metro station. The best part was we could walk anywhere without the map. When we wanted to come back to our hotel we just had to locate the Eiffel tower and go in that direction.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We are just back and stayed on the hotel floor of the hospital right across from Notre Dame. 110 Euros per room per night. It is called Hotel Dieu Hospitel and they have their own website. Co incidentally, I ended up being hospitalised there for 6 days and the hotel staff were very kind and helpful to my poor husband and my two teens, As they had to extend our stay and they had run out of additional accommodation,(Rugby World Cup was on) they kindly found an apartment nearby called Citadines Paris Saint-Germain-des-Pres. Fron here, we had lovely views of the Seine right up to Sacre Coeur and down to Notre Dame.Bth places were very central.

Archived