Need Feedback on "B" Rooms on PG MS

Espi

My wife and I will be on the 08/30/2014 cruise to Cook Islands, Fiji, etc.

A Travel Agent who works through PG claims there are only 3 rooms left on the 800 deck.

803, 807, and 817.

We were partial to 817 but the public bathroom is directly across the hall and we're concerned about hearing water, toilets flushing, doors opening and closing, etc.

TA is recommending 807 as the best of the three. Not sure why though.

Has anyone ever stayed in these rooms? Feedback and photos are appreciated.

Also, thoughts on the butler service? Is it worth it?

Edited by Espi

Actually, I was in 817 last feb and loved it.

Between the public washrooms and room is the linen closet and storeroom where the butlers keep their stuff. I couldnt hear the washrooms at all.

I chose that room with some misgivings as it was near an elevator and I had injured my knee prior to the cruise. However, I liked it so much I wanted to have the same cabin this year but it was already booked. I am across the hall from it - the second cabin away from the pool bar storage.

I wouldnt go to forward cabins in case its rough. Cook Islands, Fiji etc can be a rough passage sometimes so nearer the centre is better.

Abner was our butler and he is a really nice chap.

He brought us our morning coffee and a snack ( either cookies or sushi) at tea time. I guess he will do room service but we didnt bother ordering that.

He will make your reservations for the restaurants and take and bring your laundry .

We didnt use him for reservations as we did all of that with Ivan ( La Veranda Maitre) on the first day.

We would call each day for morning coffee at 6 am. I think he was literally right outside our door because the moment we called he would ring the bell and come in with the coffee less than 60 secs later. The sad thing was that the day I decided to sleep in he rang the bell at 6 and woke me up !

This september I am going to prepare a coffee schedule and take it with me and give it to him on the first day. So this way he will know when I want to sleep in!

I loved that location as its really close to the pool bar. On our return from our excursions we would drop by and tell them what we wanted to drink. Randy or Ernesto would very kindly cross the hall and deliver it at our cabins. My special drink is fresh squeezed lime with half a teaspoon of salt especially after being out in the sun all day. The pool bar store room was often open so you could see them working there or sometimes hear them there if you were out in the corridor. We never heard them in the cabin.

Your cabin will include a bottle of champagne ( I think we got Roederer ie the real thing!), a box of godiva and flowers.

I think you can also get two bottle of liquor. Your TA will send you a list and you can pre order what you want.

In the past we could order special non alcoholic drinks ( all cabins) so if you do want something you could request it and see whether you get it.

Let me know any other questions.

Edited by Emdee

Awesome Emdee! We'll be on our Honeymoon and we appreciate all of the detailed feedback. We might be on the same ship together! Are you embarking Aug 30th to Cook Islands, etc?

Like I said...it's our Honeymoon. Is there anything in particular that you think we should ask for? PG is currently offering $600 Excursion credit and a $250 credit for the spa and flowers, champagne. "Take you Sweetie to Tahiti" is the name of the promo.

Any excursions you would recommend? I am really excited about the helicopter excursion.

Have you ever taken Air Fiji's business class? Versus coach?

And which resort would you recommend for prior to embarkation? We are planning on staying 3 nights prior to embarkation.

Lots of questions I know! But We appreciate your help!!

Edited by Espi

Firstly Congratulations!

I would consider the complete photo package which is unlimited pics of your trip. We even took some pics with our favourite staff. They also gave us a copy of the pics on disc. Great memories as they take pics of you in some ports like Motu Mahana and you can ask the Photographer if he will come to the Bora Bora Motu and take a few pics of you there as well.

The Cook islands is a lovely itinerary for you as you have a couple of days at sea.

Do not miss the Lagoon cruise in Aitutaki. There is wonderful snorkelling - I dont snorkel but just looked at the fish swimming around my feet! If you are a survivor fan its exactly where Survivor Aitutaki was filmed.

In Raro we did the flight but I wouldnt take it. Maybe a tour to the Muri lagoon.

In case you are going to Fakarava do contact Ato Lissant and ask him if he will do a personal tour for you. it will be more expensive but he does have a small boat and he will take you to the gorgeous and romantic blue lagoon. If he will not take you alone then see if you can tag on to a group from the ship. Its an all day motu picnic in a gorgeous area. Also ask him to show you the shimmering sands which you will see in the pics on his site.

Feel free to use my name with him ( Miriam DCunha)

http://www.fakarava-tour.com/actualités

Huahine: The Motu picnic run by Marc of Huahine Nautique is worth while. If you are in the mood to splurge then he does have a couples experience though its pricey ( used to be $1500) If you want a mixture of land and sea he offers the combo tour. I believe that Marc also has jetskis if you are into that kind of thing.

Bora Bora - My DD has done the Helicopter trip and swears by it. You can see the pics on my website ( miriamdcunha.smugmug.com). The safari tip to the Belvedere is also enjoyable and the ship has a combo land and snorkelling trip that my DD recommends. My favourite on BB is the ships motu - no cost and great view. In spite of being on this ship 7 times I have never done the circumnavigation by boat which is also much acclaimed. I intend doing it this year and its offered by the ship.

I would say just relax on Motu Mahana. Kayaking, snorkelling and just lazing in the water or sands are lovely.

For Moorea my favourites are the safari and Trails of the Ancients which takes you to the Belvedere, agricultural farm ( Great vanilla ice cream, and jams).The latter is the only truly cultural excursion on the trip and is worth doing if you are interested in that kind of thing.

I would actually suggest you stay 1 night at the IC Tahiti and then take the ferry over to Moorea for two nights at the Hilton if you like snorkelling or the Sofitel if you like a large beach ( also snorkelling). On your return just wheel your luggage over to the ship from the adjoining ferry dock.

I dont think we will be there together as I am on the repeaters cruise( September 10th).

We have done the Fiji to Tahiti cruise and enjoyed it. Tonga was a bit disappointing but people who later went found a good snorkelling tour.

Malolo Island Hotel has a good Mandara Spa which DD loved! The other Fiji ports we just hired a taxi to take us around the island.

My DH came back in the air Fiji business class and we were in coach. We bought these at the airport at the last minute as we went early to the airport. Its some years now but I dont recall it was anything special. He had to work the next day so I was happy to get him the upgrade. We snagged exit row and it was good enough for me. I would pay the extra to sit in the business class lounge in Fiji in case you are going coach. It was a comfortable oasis though ended up full. I am fussy about business class - when I pay the $$$ I want a flatbed and you wont get this either on Air Tahiti Nui or on Air Fiji. The latter could have changed.

If you still have questions you can contact me at miriamdcunhaatyahoodotca

Edited by Emdee

On Aitutaki the best lagoon tour will be with TeKing.

http://www.teking.co.ck/

The PG has a similar tour: Lagoon Cruise with Beach Break (Aitutaki) (AIT-6772)

On Bora Bora take Patrick's with the PG excursion:

Lagoon Cruise & Polynesian Feast (Bora Bora) (BRB-1602)

Or take Reef Discovery or Rannui Tours ................ or the helicopter tour

http://idx-images.cisdata.net/acnt/images/708/AR408708/file_manager/Best_tours_&_things_to_do_on_Bora_Bora.pdf

Helicopter Flightseeing Bora Bora and Tupai - 30 minutes (approx.) (Bora Bora) (BRB-1606)

On Moorea I would take the ATV or 4X4 tour or ............. rent a car and tour the island

Aito Off-Road Safari (Moorea) (MOO-5544)

ATV Guided Tour (Moorea) (MOO-7000)

Edited by Tikiintahiti

Emdee that is gold. THANK YOU!!!! :D

My wife and I will start digesting this plethora of info you have so graciously provided and will be sure to keep this info on hand as we get closer to embarkation.

On Aitutaki the best lagoon tour will be with TeKing.

http://www.teking.co.ck/

The PG has a similar tour: Lagoon Cruise with Beach Break (Aitutaki) (AIT-6772)

On Bora Bora take Patrick's with the PG excursion:

Lagoon Cruise & Polynesian Feast (Bora Bora) (BRB-1602)

Or take Reef Discovery or Rannui Tours ................ or the helicopter tour

http://idx-images.cisdata.net/acnt/images/708/AR408708/file_manager/Best_tours_&_things_to_do_on_Bora_Bora.pdf

Helicopter Flightseeing Bora Bora and Tupai - 30 minutes (approx.) (Bora Bora) (BRB-1606)

On Moorea I would take the ATV or 4X4 tour or ............. rent a car and tour the island

Aito Off-Road Safari (Moorea) (MOO-5544)

ATV Guided Tour (Moorea) (MOO-7000)

Thank you Tikiintahiti!

Espi,

And dont forget to research pearls as they will make a lovely honeymoon present and great remembrance of your trip!

If you are more adventurous than I do read familygoboston's definitive review of the 7 day cruise with plenty of pics. She has some one suggestions that she did and enjoyed.

To keep you both in the honeymoon mood PG Cruises has a number of lovely you tube videos. I watch them regularly to assuage the common disease that hits you after your first trip - The French Polynesian Flu!

Edited by Emdee

Espi, My husband and I are also on the 8/30 cruise to Fiji. We were just on the PG in Nov. 2013 and couldn't wait to go back. I will be trying to put a group together on Aitutaki to do a tour with the Teking. We went last time and had a great time and want to do it again. Do your homework and let me know if you would like to join us. We will also be doing ATV Moorea again on Moorea. If you go to the roll call section of CC, you will see a roll call for Aug30 started by leg??? something I forgot just off hand what his name was but you will see it. Also Football43 is on this cruise. we are 67 and 57 at the time of the cruise and do a lot of the snorkeling things. keep in touch.

Edited by cruisefun27

Espi, My husband and I are also on the 8/30 cruise to Fiji. We were just on the PG in Nov. 2013 and couldn't wait to go back. I will be trying to put a group together on Aitutaki to do a tour with the Teking. We went last time and had a great time and want to do it again. Do your homework and let me know if you would like to join us. We will also be doing ATV Moorea again on Moorea. If you go to the roll call section of CC, you will see a roll call for Aug30 started by leg??? something I forgot just off hand what his name was but you will see it. Also Football43 is on this cruise. we are 67 and 57 at the time of the cruise and do a lot of the snorkeling things. keep in touch.

Will do cruisefan27. Thanks for the info. Our TA is calling us tonight and we're going to put our deposit down on 807. It'll be great to meet you and your husband. :D

Ah gotcha. Mind telling me how much? Does he follow you around on demand? Just curious as to how it works. I appreciate your help. We just put down the deposit today so we're getting really excited.

He took pics of us in Motu mahana and in some ports.

Most were on board the ship.

I think it was something like 270$ but cannot recall whether it included the pics of the vow renewal.

We would just tell him if we wanted pics.

No Twin.

I would never waste money on 5, 6 or 7. Been there done that.

For me its either 4th deck with the picture window or the deck 8th B.

The room is slightly bigger as is the balcony and the proximity to the delights of the pool deck makes it wonderful.

Come visit me in September and you will see what I mean!

You don't have to tell me, I am a floor BELOW you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

No you are not as I splurged and am on the 8th deck for a change. That's why I told you to visit me......pool bar will deliver to my cabin!

My family will be on 3rd and fourth ...those are the value cabins. I totally agree there.

No Twin.

I would never waste money on 5, 6 or 7. Been there done that.

For me its either 4th deck with the picture window or the deck 8th B.

The room is slightly bigger as is the balcony and the proximity to the delights of the pool deck makes it wonderful.

Come visit me in September and you will see what I mean!

Ah ................ which room did you have on deck 5 ............ he he